KOTCT Members Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:48:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Medallion orders placed so far:  (Read 26640 times)
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »

Just a note to all the Knights and Knightessess who are involved with the 2009 Medallion Quest. I will be forwarding the initial payment to Moonlight Mint for the purchase of the silver blanks in the next few days. We are looking at $1,005.00 for that process so I will most likely send an even $1,100.00 on this first payment for the program. These funds are for the raw silver and the process involved to turn them into rimmed silver blanks. It is my goal to keep you all informed of the process as it moves along and our costs. We will be facing design, sculpting and engraving charges as well as striking fees. There will be costs for the other copper and pewter blanks added in the process but they will not affect the total like the precious metal silver does. This first payment will be a big chunk out of the way!!!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2010, 10:24:49 PM »

I will be making payment for silver blanks within the next few days. At this time, if memory serves me correct, we have a total of 51 silver medallions ordered. (both satin and proof). I have instructed Daniel Carr and the Moonlight Mint to strike 60 silver medallions which is 9 more than currently needed. They will be available as needed or to fill any orders which might come in between now and the March 5th order deadline. There is not a doubt in my mind, if more orders are not placed, they will be sold over a short period of time or they can be placed on Ebay to recap our funds. I just wanted to let each one of you know exactly what has transpired this morning concerning this intitial payment to the Moonlight Mint.

As usual I/We must understand this is a ONE STRIKE event for the 2009 Medallion Quest as there will be NO more struck any time in the future. Our efforts will turn to the 2010 Medallion Quest!

I would also point out, at this time, a total of 124 medallions have been ordered. Adding the extra 9 silvers puts the total at 133 medallions which is a very low mintage regardless what is being produced. Seems we are working on another future RARITY here?

Terry
Knight #1

longnine009
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »

No not two more just two. One silver satin and one antiqued copper.

No matter where you go, there you are.
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2010, 07:49:18 PM »

Thankyou TwoShaows and Nevol and everyone involved in this. Sure seems like a lot of logistics!

No matter where you go, there you are.
Topher
Trade Count: (0)

Email
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2010, 11:53:15 AM »

It seems to me that we have members in enough countries to take over several countries, so lets aim for world domination!
nohope587
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (22)
Knight Argent

Me Coin from Aus

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2010, 06:49:17 AM »

Had to wait seven days for the funds to transfer from my bank to paypal but payment made on my medal order today

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2010, 07:06:38 AM »

Now I/We are back on topic? Please forgive me? Embarrassed

Nohope I probably won't hear a thing until the banking world opens on Monday but I will check with PayPal later this evening.

Terry
Knight #1

Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2010, 07:00:32 AM »

I've sent a reminder to those Knights/esses that ordered medallions last year, but haven't ordered this year.

I advised that the closing date for orders is March 5, so maybe we'll receive another late order or two before the closing date.

I've also done a total recheck of all orders and any that were in any way ambiguous, I PM'd the member involved and requested they verify their order/s.

The order by 'type' list so far is:

32 x Silver Proof........$1280.00
20 x Silver Satin..........$800.00
17 x Copper Proof........$340.00
14 x Copper Satin........$280.00
20 x Antique copper.....$400.00
26 x 63mm Pewter.......$520.00
Total to Date............. $3620.00

129 Medallions all up.

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2010, 07:58:17 AM »

I SALUTE NEVOL AND TWO SHADOWS FOR THE EFFORT PUT FORTH IN ORGANIZING OUR MEDAL ORDERS........THANKS SO VERY MUCH!

YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND......TEMPLAR

* big knight.jpg (14.72 KB, 173x195 - viewed 83 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
edix
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (3)
Knight Argent

KotCT #43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2010, 08:32:58 AM »

Yay!
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »

I think I can speak for both Nevol and I when saying CoinCrusader and Mountain Lady will again do the dirty work in this quest! They volunteered to mail the packages again and it keeps Daniel from mailing the medallions across quite a few states.

I also want to remind everyone, after all of this is said and done, I will have a new balance in the KOTCT Royal Treasury as most entries have included shipping and NO PayPal fees. Just want everyone to know I have NOT deducted those fees on most of the incoming monies this year. It turned into a constant PAIN in the butt to run back and forth so I just entered the totals as sent by the membership. After the final payment to the Moonlight Mint is made I will have a fresh start. Also I will re-imburse both CoinCrusader and Humpybong for mailers and shipping expenses when the time comes.

One other little item is the fact I intend to re-imburse Jeffrey on shipping charges as he ordered medallions three different times. While his efforts and order is considerably more than normal and will take a few dollars more to ship he has WAY overpaid by using the PayPal button on our site.

I have also instructed Daniel to strike 60 silver medallions which we can use for any new orders that might come in or sell to members down the road through the KOTCT STORE. Our initial payment of $1,100 for silver and silver blank preparation is in the mail to the Moonlight MInt. Another QUEST is nearing a successful ending!!! Wink

Terry
Knight #1

Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »

...PAID list updated today March 2, 2010.

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2010, 04:04:05 AM »

We are getting closer to "Paid in Full" on our 2009 Medallion orders. Only ten members left and then I can forward some more hard earned cash to the Moonlight Mint. Hopefully soon the medallions will be struck and enroute to our CoinCrusader for final shipment. The day is drawing near! Wink

Terry
Knight #1

D. Carr
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (0)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2010, 06:53:14 AM »

The dies are ready.   I'm currently awaiting the arrival of some more silver as well as a due fixture piece for holding the 63mm dies in the coin press.   I'll probably strike the 63mm and 39mm satin pieces first this week.   As soon as I get more silver blanks ready I'll do the 39mm proof-like pieces.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:34 AM »

Thank you for the update Daniel. I am looking forward to seeing the finished medallions and forwarding our balance due to you and your Moonlight Mint.

WE are getting closer!!!

Terry
Knight #1

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: