KOTCT Members Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:15:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Pickup  (Read 2899 times)
green18
Trade Count: (0)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »

Guys and gals, I do have more but I'm away from the desktop and currently on the daughters laptop....Smiley

Manñana indeed....Smiley

The true measure of a man is in the way he handles adversity.....
S.George
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »

Cheesy

Hi GreeN:   Thanks for posting the beautiful 1927 Vermont Sesquitl.,   I have few questions.  If this is not a trouble to you, please reply.
Are you keeping them in 2 x 2 Holders or Capsules?
or
will you slab them??
I am also collecting 50-cent commemoratives.   Recently, I got in trade Stone Mountain, 1921-Pilgrim Tercenty., which has a mintage of 20,053 only.
According to my Red Book (2008) the coin is worth $180 in AU
Why Commemorative 50-Cents are low in value when you compare them with1-Abraham Lincoln Cents??
50-cents are in silver.    1-cents are in copper.
When you compare the Price of these coins, Lincoln cents are more costlier than the silver commemoratives??
Is it due to demand??   I have asked this question with several Friends.   But, not satisfied with their reply
George

It is by giving others, we actually receive from G
green18
Trade Count: (0)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »

Cheesy

Hi GreeN:   Thanks for posting the beautiful 1927 Vermont Sesquitl.,   I have few questions.  If this is not a trouble to you, please reply.
Are you keeping them in 2 x 2 Holders or Capsules?
or
will you slab them??
I am also collecting 50-cent commemoratives.   Recently, I got in trade Stone Mountain, 1921-Pilgrim Tercenty., which has a mintage of 20,053 only.
According to my Red Book (2008) the coin is worth $180 in AU
Why Commemorative 50-Cents are low in value when you compare them with1-Abraham Lincoln Cents??
50-cents are in silver.    1-cents are in copper.
When you compare the Price of these coins, Lincoln cents are more costlier than the silver commemoratives??
Is it due to demand??   I have asked this question with several Friends.   But, not satisfied with their reply
George

Good day to you George.  That vermont sesequicentennial is slabbed by NGC in ms62 condition.  When I picked the coin up I had the belief that it could grade a little higher (not that I'm gonna crack it out Smiley).  You know the old saying....buy the coin, not the slab.  I've only recently started collecting "classic commem's" and I buy most already holdered, however, I do own a few raw pieces and keep them in 2x2's.

The reason you're seeing a price reduction in the commem market place is because that market is a little flat at the moment.  Great opportunity to pick up some bargains!  I've recently won a few on Hertitage Auctions and at very reasonable prices.

The true measure of a man is in the way he handles adversity.....
S.George
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 01:32:54 PM »

Cheesy

Hi Green:
Thanks for your kind reply and information.   I appreciate it very much.
Kind regards
George

It is by giving others, we actually receive from G
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: