KOTCT Members Forum
May 16, 2024, 07:08:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dansco Album Help Needed!!  (Read 4164 times)
humpybong
Master Collector
Trade Count: (20)
Knight Argent

bm.1947
View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 05:43:35 PM »

That is why it is called "snail mail"

Grin

Barry
Global Moderator
Knight of the Coin Table #47

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Trade Count: (13)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 03:13:15 AM »

It's here!!!!

My Australian One Dollar Dansco Album arrived in today's mail, and I noted that Jake's even took a couple dollars off of the shipping charge.

I'm very happy to have the album, and even though today is my busiest day of the week, I'll try and find some time to start filling the album.

A long wait, but I'm sure glad it's here.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

KOTCT No. 2
ANA:  42203
Collector since 1956
Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 03:26:12 AM »

I reckon my albums are at my local PO waiting for me. Delivery was attempted on Fri but I was out all day, and Mon was a Public Holiday, so I'll be picking them up later this morning. (Tues)

If it is in fact my albums, posted 29 May & arrived 6 June, that's not bad for a large parcel from the US. The USPS track & confirm site says delivery was attempted on 4 June, but the notice in my letterbox is dated 6 June.

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »

I picked my albums up yesterday & they had actually been at the PO since 4 June. I just wasn't notified till 6th for some weird reason. Anyhow, they made the trip OK.   Cheesy

The $1 album does have an awful lot of spaces I won't be filling though, it's got spaces for Mint Set Only Coins + nearly all Mint mark coins but the biggest dissappointment is that it cuts out at 2002 with 4 blank spaces plus another page of blanks.   

Hello, no updates for 6 years.
  Which century are we supposed to be in?

I'm having a long think about whether to use the pages it's got or to buy blank ones & label them myself, that way I'll only use the ones I need.  I could just re-label all the spaces & save some money that way.  Huh   The first 3 spaces are the only ones that will be correct, 84, 85, & 86.

I suppose if I'm going to label spaces myself, I might as well use what I've got, as I have no other use for the pages. It'll just look a bit 'unprofessional', that's all.

Can anyone reccommend a good label maker?

Both the 5¢ & 10¢ albums go up to 2013:  20¢ up to 2003 with another 15 blank spaces:   50¢ up to 2003 with one blank page & $2 up to 2011 with 8 blank spaces.

Does anyone have any preferences regarding slip covers.  I can't decide if I should get them or not.  Roll Eyes

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 12:49:18 PM »

Nevol and I have similar situations.  My album is probably about the same, except it goes through 2003.

Today, while volunteering at the hospital gift shop, I worked on, and completed, my dollar album.

My mind changed several times.

At first I thought I would just do a year set -- one coin for every year.  Then, when I opened the album and looked at all those holes to fill, I actually felt a challenge.  For a few minutes I thought "What the heck, I'm going for it all.  I can do it!"

Then reality started to set in.

I changed my mind.

What I ended up doing was to go the year set route.  I have a coin for every year from 1984 through 2008.  Then, using the last page, which consists of 16 unlabeled spaces, I put in those coins which had different reverses than the ones I used in the first two pages.

So, for many collectors, my idea of a "set" probably wouldn't agree with their idea.  But, I'm happy with it, and I think the coins look real nice in the new album.

I will have to do some labeling, and will probably just print off what I need and then tape the information on the pages.

I now have complete (depending on your definition) sets of all decimal circulating Australian coins.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

KOTCT No. 2
Collector since 1956
Tobyle
Trade Count: (9)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2008, 04:53:33 PM »

Can anyone reccommend a good label maker?

I've been using a Brother P Touch labeller for mine. Actually I just finished labelling my $1 album (I used the blank pages) and it looks good! Because I had the blank pages, I was able to use the clear label tape with black writing.
arthrene
Trade Count: (6)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2008, 06:00:32 PM »

My album also goes through 2003 but is missing the 2003 Women's Suffrage label. At the moment I'm trying to fill in all the holes but that could change sometime. Well see how my trades go.

Knightess No. 133
S.George
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »

Cheesy

Dear Coincrusader42:
I read your message only, just now.
This is the Postal Address of Dansco Album Manufacturing Co.,

Dansco Coin Albums
4313-West Jefferson Blvd.,
Los Angeles
CA-90 016

E-mail:  DanscoCorp@aol.com

If you will kindly order, they will manufacture and send you, I believe.   Here, I wish to say, there is a lot of price difference between U.S..A and Australia.

I believe it is lot cheaper in U.S.,   The price you have mentioned is normal and I got them even cheaper.   

Recently I got the Dansco Album for Presidential Dollars.   I like this Album, very much.    There are Wonderful Photos of Presidents., small note on them.  Very Beautiful Album, to own.

Regards, George

It is by giving others, we actually receive from G
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 01:40:58 AM »

Thanks George.  Information appreciated.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

KOTCT No. 2
Collector since 1956
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: