KOTCT Members Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:33:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Design Sketch  (Read 11325 times)
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 07:47:27 PM »

Daniel could you put a monocle on one of the dragon's eyes?  He could even leer down through  it at Twiggy?

"Oh my my, what do we have here. They sent me a tasty cake for lunch."

No matter where you go, there you are.
edix
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (3)
Knight Argent

KotCT #43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 09:02:44 PM »

I wear a monocle when the occasion calls for it:

longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 09:17:26 PM »

What's a wax library?

edix
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

KotCT #43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »

That's a radio station.
Wax is slang for the old vinyl LP records. Since replaced by CDs.
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 10:41:56 PM »

Thanks. I should figured that with the CD Library in the other photo.
Seriously though a dragon leering through monocle at a Knightress might be an interesting twist. And might not take much time to change?

Aspirins may not do it with this thread. Daniel might need some Jack Daniels.  Grin

Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 04:33:34 AM »

All the normal people in the world and Daniel got stuck with us? Wait, maybe we are the normal ones and everyone else are just sheep!

Go with it Daniel but please remember MEDIVAL PERIOD!!! Merlin insists!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »

Sun Tzu said "Strength become weakness, weakness becomes strength." How can this happen unless things are trying to become what they are not. And if people are the cause of events and things become what they were not, then haven't  the same people that caused the events to happen become what they were not? How can cycles even exist unless things become what they were not before? Maybe people in insane asylums will be running the world soon and will be viewed  by everyone else as "talented."  Maybe Cosmic Trigger will become the new "norm."  Cool

When things change so quickly and at an accelerating pace you have "abolition of context." Or lack of standards or norms. That is "norms" and standards can never be established or have time to root and be accepted as a social "norm." Or they are constantly eroding like so called grading standards.  How can changes occur at all unless something with standards changed. How can an AU58 become a MS63 unless "norms" changed. If "norms" keep changing they never existed in the first place. People called crazy may never have been crazy. Albert Einstein was so disinterested in public school brainwashing that today, by today's "norms" he would have been diagnosed as having attention deficit disorder and and made into a Pharm zombie. "Norms" are whatever happens to be convenient for someone to changed things around to their liking and anyone who doesn't like it must be crazy.

Insanity *so they say* is "deviation from established norms."  If norms don't exist or barely exist, or don't stay established, then how do they know who is or who isn't a whack job? What happens when the people who decide who is or isn't a   whack job  are whack jobs themselves, as seems all too likely if they are projecting their own whacko-ness on someone else.  Which, IMO,  is exactly what happens in politics. People from each party are merely seeing themselves in someone else.  

I just hope I don't mutate into a humanist.  Cheesy

Oooh, I forgot something:  If there are no established, accepted norms to follow  people are  deviating from non-existence  norms. Which in turn makes them abnormal. If non-existent  norms become the norm then being abnormal becomes the norm. 

triggersmob
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

Western Australian State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »

Maybe Cosmic Trigger will become the new "norm." 

I already look like him...

http://www.lifebeinit.org/standard.php?id=879

Steve
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 10:17:52 PM »

Cosmic Trigger is a book by Robert Anton Wilson that centers a lot on Aleister Crowley--My most favorite deviant, anti-altruist, anti-humanist, anti-religion  "extremist" Individual. No matter what else they say about him, which is plenty.

Sorry for the late edits. I'm not getting  good connections today. Maybe I'll send AT&T their bill back with: Error 680. Connection to remote checkbook could not be established.  Please go @&^$  yourself.  

Here's Aleister

What?

templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »

I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT A FEW OF US HAVE BEEN JOUSTING AGAIN WITHOUT OUR HELMETS ON TIGHT-----OUR THINKING IF IT CAN BE CALLED THAT SEEMS TO HAVE DRIFTED FAR FROM THE MAIN IDEA OF A MEDALLION THAT REPRESENTS THE DAYS OF CHIVILRY TO HOT BABES--SKIMPY ARMOR---OUT LANDISH DRAGONS AND DEMONS-----IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS A CASTLE -----LETS GO FROM THERE----WE DID ASK DAN TO DESIGN A COIN--NOT EVERYONE IN THE CASTLE---INPUT IS ONE THING BUT I THINK WE HAVE RUN AMOK----NOT THAT RUNNING AMOK ISN'T GOOD--ITS HEALTHY ONCE IN A WHILE--BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GET A MEDALLION BEFORE CHRISTMAS...

YOUR SERVANT FOR SURE----I MEAN NO OFFENSE----PEACE--THE TEMPLAR

* peace02.jpg (19.78 KB, 258x474 - viewed 96 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2010, 12:59:30 AM »

I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT A FEW OF US HAVE BEEN JOUSTING AGAIN WITHOUT OUR HELMETS ON TIGHT-----OUR THINKING IF IT CAN BE CALLED THAT SEEMS TO HAVE DRIFTED FAR FROM THE MAIN IDEA OF A MEDALLION THAT REPRESENTS THE DAYS OF CHIVILRY TO HOT BABES--SKIMPY ARMOR---OUT LANDISH DRAGONS AND DEMONS-----IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS A CASTLE -----LETS GO FROM THERE----WE DID ASK DAN TO DESIGN A COIN--NOT EVERYONE IN THE CASTLE---INPUT IS ONE THING BUT I THINK WE HAVE RUN AMOK----NOT THAT RUNNING AMOK ISN'T GOOD--ITS HEALTHY ONCE IN A WHILE--BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GET A MEDALLION BEFORE CHRISTMAS...

YOUR SERVANT FOR SURE----I MEAN NO OFFENSE----PEACE--THE TEMPLAR

THIS YEARS CHRISMAS OR 2012 ??  Tongue

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2010, 03:18:29 AM »

I don't believe there can be an outlandish dragon. If they are a fantasy to begin with they are whatever you want them to be.

Hot babes in skimpy armor might be outlandish but still a good expenditure of chivalrous effort.  Cool

edix
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

KotCT #43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 03:23:04 AM »

Hot babes in skimpy armor might be outlandish but still a good expenditure of chivalrous effort.  Cool

Chivalrous or frivolous?
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2010, 03:41:38 AM »

More like ''escapism" which is often  said of things that aren't viewed as "serious." Including coin collecting by those don't collect coins.

Silver is down again today at $16.23. Perhaps the delay will be slightly beneficial.

Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2010, 04:07:18 AM »

Oh there were dragons just as sure as there were Unicorns and Pegasus. They like many other things are still here but smart enough to avoid and deceive mankind. Normal folks don't make up fokelore they pass it on to keep it alive after mankind destroys it. Just as the fairy will come to those who wish a glimpse of what could have been or was. To believe in whats not is probably more true than believing that which has been painted before your eyes as realilty. Our medallion is a reflection of something that is very real to us so in a sense we are painting our own reality in a realm that, just a few short years ago, did not exist. Who is right and who is wrong and who gets to chose?
All the old ways and beliefs, regardless of whether they were right or wrong, were not forced aside by the average man and woman, but by government and religion. After hundreds of years they are still pushing yet men and women all over the world have kept them alive! Why? Wink

Sorry Daniel! We do get carried away on occassion but it is so much fun in our world.

Right now I am listening to the sound track from King Arthur so I am in another world for the next hour or so. And I do listen LOUD when my wife is not home!!! Grin

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: