KOTCT Members Forum
May 20, 2024, 07:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Complete Lincoln set, Is it possible?  (Read 730 times)
EgCollector
Trade Count: (14)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »

Hi All,

I have received an excellent start of a Lincoln set from a very generous member flyers10. He also sent me a 7100 Dansco album (Lincoln 1908-2006).
Thank you very much Craig for your generosity.   Kiss Kiss Kiss Smiley

I have been trying to complete several US sets but it is a very difficult task for me since I live in Egypt.
I want to try to add to this Lincoln set but I need to know;

1. Is it possible to be completed? (I am talking of adding all the missing coins whatever the grade and condition)

2. Is there any rare/scarce coins that will be impossible to find or at least difficult to be found?

Thanks  Smiley

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
Mortyr2012
Trade Count: (3)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »

Hi Amr,

I have been collecting US-coins by years for several years.. As far as I still remember the key date coin (so the most expensive coin of the series) was the 1909-S V.D.B. coin.. It has the designers initials on it.. It's expensive, but I wouldn't think that it's impossible to be complete with the series.. Maybe somebody knows another expensive coin and the value of the VDB coin?

I would like to send you a little book that will definitely help you to know what coins are more expensive than others.. It's a 1999 Red Book covering US coins since 1616. Sure it's old, but it covers all the old coins and for the newer ones I'ld have a little surprise for you  Wink Just tell me whether you would like to get, then I can put it aside for you when we have a trade, of course it's for free Smiley Smiley

Best wishes
Marvin

In Vielfalt geeint - United in diversity - Unidos
AdamL
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 03:29:48 AM »

It is possible. But as you see from the above posts some of the coins will be very expensive. How reliable is the postal service in Egypt from your experience? Sending a 1909-S V.D.B. would actually make me nervous in any country  Cheesy

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103
Speak the truth
EgCollector
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:07:45 AM »

Hi All,

I need to know, is it possible to be completed?

2. Is there any rare/scarce coins that will be impossible to find or at least difficult to be found?

Thanks  Smiley

Emr;
The answer to your question is 'YES' it is possible but there may be some difficult in finding the coins you need. Here they are: (these do not include what I call cripples/errors which some people like to include with this set. All the rest are readily obtainable depending on what you are willing to pay for the coin.
1909S, V.D.B............G-4 @ $650............AU @ $1,250
1909S ....................."       $  75............"       $  240
1914D......................"       $190............"       $1,200
1924D......................"       $  20..........."        $  180
1931S......................"       $  70..........."        $  110
Note: As you may  have found, some Lincoln Cents are very hard to find in the lower grades.
Good Luck

Thanks OldDan, seems that it will take some time to complete this set.  Grin

Thank you very much for the info  Smiley

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
EgCollector
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 05:17:08 AM »

It is possible. But as you see from the above posts some of the coins will be very expensive. How reliable is the postal service in Egypt from your experience? Sending a 1909-S V.D.B. would actually make me nervous in any country  Cheesy

Definitely if i am to purchase such coins, i wont rely on any post service whether Egyptian or any other country. I have several Egyptian friends and relatives in USA, Canada and UK. I usually send my expensive purchases or items with high shipment fees to their addresses. Then they bring it with them during their next visit to Egypt. It takes a longer time but less expensive.  Smiley

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
EgCollector
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 05:18:12 AM »

Marvin,

email sent  Smiley

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
AdamL
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 06:57:50 AM »

Definitely if i am to purchase such coins, i wont rely on any post service whether Egyptian or any other country. I have several Egyptian friends and relatives in USA, Canada and UK. I usually send my expensive purchases or items with high shipment fees to their addresses. Then they bring it with them during their next visit to Egypt. It takes a longer time but less expensive.  Smiley

Yeah, thats the way to go.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103
Speak the truth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: