KOTCT Members Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:15:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NEW 10 EURO COMMEMORATIVE SILVER COINS OF GERMANY!  (Read 2183 times)
S.George
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« on: October 11, 2008, 04:42:28 PM »

Cheesy

Dear Friends:
Few new commemoratives from Germany-2008
George

* scan0007.jpg (210.91 KB, 624x655 - viewed 180 times.)

It is by giving others, we actually receive from G
justabeginner
Trade Count: (0)
Knight Argent

yug91
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »

Yummy silveer..... Looks really good... Where can you get them from? Smiley
EgCollector
Trade Count: (14)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »

Very interesting S.George, Thanks for sharing  Smiley

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
scottishmoney
Only Gold Truly Glitters
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 06:49:22 PM »

Very nice Grin  I think I have been onboard the Gorch Fock while I was in Germany many years ago.  The last foreign naval ship I was on was the INS Tarangini though - probably the most fun we have had on a foreign ship in years here, the sailors on that ship were very friendly and good ambassadors for their country and then brand new ship.

S.George
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »

Cheesy

Thank you Egcollector.  I got them from Germany, Justbeginner.
George

S.George
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 07:53:43 PM »

Cheesy

Thank you Scottishmoney.  You have travelled in Tharangini Ship?   That is great.

They have issued Commemorative stamp and Mint Souvenir Sheet.   The price of the sheet was Rs.5 only  (face value)

Stamp Dealers bought them in 10,000 and now it is valued Rs.350 per sheet.

Do you collect German Coins especilly Thalers?

George

scottishmoney
Only Gold Truly Glitters
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 08:39:50 PM »

S. George;

I collect some of the €10 coins commemoratives from Germany and Netherlands if I like the history on them, the ships or the cities. 

About the INS Tarangini, the ship sailed here into port in 2003 for Tall Ships celebration here.  I volunteer here locally when Tall Ships come to port, helping the sailors find stuff, give tours of ship etc.  This way I have been on Indian, Dutch, Canadian, German, Ukrainian, Russian and some Caribbean countries ships.  The Tarangini was a favourite though the sailors on that ship were very much more friendly and likeable than some of the other countries people.  It was also one of the cleanest and best maintained ships of all of them, believe me there were a couple that looked barely seaworthy.

I spent a little bit of time, looking through about 30 photo albums for pictures of the ships, but I will have to wait until my wife-master comes back home and ask her where they are.

Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 04:27:41 AM »

I collect silver Euro commemorative and can say I have all the German $10 since they started the Euro in 2002. I collecting friend of mine in the Netherlands sends each year's issues at the end of the year after a banking friend in Germany forwards them to him. At this time I think I have 34 or 35 of them? Would have to dig them out and count to be sure. Like Scottishmoney I like the history, which is NOT taught here in the states, that the coins tend to offer. I try to keep up with the Netherlands as well. I like many of the Spain and Portugal silvers but do the connections over there to keep up to date. France makes so many commemoratives it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with them. It is not unusual for France to cough up 90 commemoratives a year but most are very limited so some do go up in value. One of my favorite silvers comes from Belgium and, if I remember correctly, it is a 2001 issue just prior to the introduction of the Euro. Absolutely beautiful coin in proof! And I am kind of partial to Europa when I can get them. Any partially clothed lady riding a bull is okay by me!!! Grin

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
scottishmoney
Only Gold Truly Glitters
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 04:34:19 AM »

In a few days I will get to travel to €uroland for the first time since they went €uroesque, be interesting to see what I can pick up.

AdamL
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 05:44:38 AM »

I like these coins ALOT.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103
Speak the truth
scottishmoney
Only Gold Truly Glitters
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 08:24:37 AM »

Here is one I got in a trade with a collector from Germany last year:

800th Anniversary of the birth of St. Elisabeth von Thuringen.  I just love the Gothic style of this piece, it is actually blast white.  At least these sell in German banks and post offices for face value, even though it is a silver coin.

justabeginner
Knight Argent

yug91
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 09:16:47 AM »

That is beautiful... Sad Anyone knows where to get one for trade? Smiley
S.George
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 02:39:58 PM »

Cheesy

Twoshadows:   You  are interested in many Euro coins.   That is great.

I collect ONLY GERMAN commemoratives from 5 D.M. FICTE  to LATEST 10 Euro coin. I have friends in Germany for 30 years.

It had happened 30 years.  When I contact Mr.Fischer he told me that metals are expensive.  Not possible to send coins.  He asked me which stamps, I want from him.    I told him very politely, I do not collect stamps.   But continued my sending of stamps to him, faitfully and without any omission.

Finaly, he asked which coins I need and started to send coins.  He came to see me 3/4 times and stayed with us.

Scottishmoney:  Please confirm again, that the GEDENKMUNZE/COMMEMORATIVE COIN is sold in Post Office and Bank.   In Banks, they charge extra preminim 40% to 50%, on the next day of issue.   My friends never knew it is sold in Post Office.   All buy from Coin Dealers, for a premium, only.

My son was in Germany and tried in several banks.   But he got only at a premium.   Not at face value.

Justabeginner:   Had I read your message, a few days ago, I could have spared you one.   You may well aware, I am assembling a BARBER HALVES Set.   So, I traded all the extras for Barber Halves.

Are you particulary interested in 10 Thruingen only or others also.   Kindly P.M.   We can discus.  Thanks
George

justabeginner
Knight Argent

yug91
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »

Hey George, come to chat now or something Smiley
Mortyr2012
Trade Count: (3)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 04:50:43 AM »

Hi,
I guess this is the best thread to show you Germany's 10 Euro coins designs for 2009 :

The topics are :

100 Jahre Internationale Luftfahrtausstellung (ILA) - 100 years of International Aerospace Exhibition (ILA) in Berlin
IAAF Leichtathletik WM Berlin 2009- IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Berlin
600 Jahre Universität Leipzig - 600th Anniversary University of Leipzig
400 Jahre "Astronomia Nova" von Johannes Kepler - 400th Anniversary "Astronomia Nova" from Johannes Kepler
100. Geburtstag von Marion Gräfin Dönhoff - 100th Birthday of Marion Gräfin (Countess) Dönhoff
100 Jahre Deutsches Jugendherbergswerk (DJH) - 100th Anniversary of German Youth hostels (DJH)

Here are the designs, sorry that their size is not equal..

In Vielfalt geeint - United in diversity - Unidos
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: