KOTCT Members Forum
May 19, 2024, 05:11:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Silver ounces  (Read 519 times)
Beaver
Trade Count: (0)
Knight

View Profile Email
« on: December 22, 2008, 02:57:23 AM »

Hi,
yesterday, I wanted to buy silver ounces in canada, but found nothing below 23$  Shocked Shocked
Is it normal, that these are so expensive over there?
At the moment I would pay 13-14€ a ounce in germany Smiley
May I should sell them over there  Grin ?!

Sepp

Knight #150
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 05:45:48 AM »

At the moment ALL the dealers are trying to recoup monies spent when silver was at $18 to $20 per ounce. (their cost) Until they eliminate the silver "in stock" or "on hand" they are going to continue with their claims of silver shortages or demand is greater than supply. While I am fully aware a great number of people are buying silver, paying $4 to $10 over spot price is a little pricey. But, at the same time someone, along with the media, keeps playing up those record highs coming for silver and gold which is feeding the frenzy. My question is simple, "If the world's economy is going into the tank who is going to have money to support those kind of prices and how long will that support last?" Eventually, after moving up, or down according to how you look at it, someone is going to get stuck holding high price silver with no one left to buy? Somebody has to get stuck eventually. One can never forget ALL markets turn in a vicious circle. Getting caught on the wrong side of the circle is NOT good! As for silver prices, well I can live and buy, with what we have for a while but when the prices exceed the $20 level I will no longer be buying but will probably be considering selling. The trick is to know when! Grin

I think we should have a better feel for silver prices after the first of the year with the release of the new Eagles. It seems dealers have gotten way to comfortable with those $4 to $5 over spot and I don't know how long the average buyer will continue to pay that amount of premium. Also I/We don't know what our individual Mints have invested in the silver they are currently striking. If it was purchased in 2008 I wouldn't look for cheap bullion for quite some time regardless of what the market quotes. The big guys AREN'T going to sell for a loss!

What kind of silver bullion or rounds are you selling Sepp?

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
Beaver
Trade Count: (0)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »

I can buy every kind of silver rounds  Tongue
Eagles, Maple Leaf's, Vienna Philamonika, cook islands, libertad, what ever you want to have  Grin

Knight #150
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: