KOTCT Members Forum
May 16, 2024, 02:11:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gary Burke aka CoinCrusader Memorial Medallion  (Read 22335 times)
Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 04:59:44 AM »

Make sure you've got me down for a tribute medal honoring the CoinCrusader. (Done)
p.s: Doug, one of the admins at Coin Talk, says he's sorry about Gary's passing and suggested I post there once the medals are ready to their open forum.

edix, Do you think we should order some spares for members of 'Coin Talk'?  Would you be able to ask them for an estimate of how many may be needed?  We wouldn't want anyone to miss out as it will be a one off minting, but by the same token, we don't want to have a lot of them left over. 

Nohope has already ordered 4 extras, but I'm not sure which forum they might be for.

I've also just put up a post on the Aussie forum (ACBO) but haven't mentioned the medallions yet, but if there are many responses, I probably will do so.  There may be 1 or 2 members there who would be interested in obtaining one.

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 05:31:35 AM »

It would probably be best if someone explained this is basically a subscription order? Any member here can place the order or, if they like they can send the order and payment directly to me. It would be ideal if they could just order from Daniel but then we would be putting a burden on him. I really don't know how much interest there might be away from KOTCT but I am not opposed to offering this memorial tribute to the world. Gary Burke has been a coin crusader since I found him on my first computer. We have been friends ever since and I know, without a doubt, there are others throughout the world who feel the same way.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
nohope587
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (22)
Knight Argent

Me Coin from Aus

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 07:45:30 AM »

Before I leave internet land..
Up my order to 8
payment sent.

why 8?
not because I know 8 people who knew Coincrusader and wanted a medallion. I know 3 who are no longer active in any forums who might be interested.  This project however is going to be very rapid compared to most minting and I am sure there will be people who will miss out through lack of knowledge. I will try to have a small overage on hand to cover this eventuality. If it turns out they are not needed at some date in the future i'll turn them over to KOTCT to be given as awards to who ever they see fit.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Nevol
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »

Before I leave internet land..Up my order to 8 payment sent. why 8?.......

Done!

KOTCT #46
Nancy

longnine009
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »

Yes, I'll order one.

No matter where you go, there you are.
Nevol
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 04:18:11 AM »

Yes, I'll order one.
Noted!

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 03:26:37 AM »

Nevol you can mark NoHope PAID at this time. This medallion will be struck in April so it is very important that we get our orders in and make payment in a timely manner. I know this quest was very sudden but in my mind no one would be more worthy than our friend and his family from Colorado. Those grandchildren will cherish their medallions for a lifetime and they will learn as they grow older it takes a pretty darn special knight to warrant the striking of a medalion! Gary was that special!

Terry
Knight #1

Nevol
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2010, 03:42:29 AM »

Nevol you can mark NoHope PAID at this time.
Noted!

I sent a PM to Jon Burke, Gary's nephew this morning (Oz time).  Gave him info re the Medallion plus a link to our forum & invited him to look around or better still to join.  He's interested in getting at least 1 medallion, maybe more. 

KOTCT #46
Nancy

humpybong
Master Collector
Trade Count: (20)
Knight Argent

bm.1947
View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2010, 04:06:40 AM »

Do you have a firm price for this medallion as yet.   Also what about postage.

Once I have figure will send payment thu PayPal as gift so KOTCT do not pay the fees.

Smiley    Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Barry
Global Moderator
Knight of the Coin Table #47

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2010, 04:20:29 AM »

I may be going out on a limb here but let's just go with $3.00 for shipping per member order. I know there will be a few who purchase more than one medallion but I think it will all balance out in the end. I will also be sending any and all Aussie member orders to one address (I hope) so that should balance out as well. Any comments?

Nevol you can go ahead and mark Templar paid for his medallion even though the check has not arrived here in Indiana. Templar says it's is in the mail and thats good enough for me as I want to keep our figures moving upward on this quest. It is going to be a quick one! I might add it is important that each of you let me know for certain what you are paying for as I am still awaiting some payments on the 2009 medallions and I don't want to screw things up! Thanks!

Terry
Knight #1

Nevol
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2010, 04:45:42 AM »

Nevol you can go ahead and mark Templar paid for his medallion even though the check has not arrived here in Indiana. Templar says it's is in the mail and thats good enough for me
Noted

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Tobyle
Trade Count: (9)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2010, 05:46:47 AM »

Payment sent via Paypal.
Pocketcoins
Trade Count: (5)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »

Just waiting on the how much and will pay-pal you just as soon as I know. You may have already said but I must have missed it.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2010, 07:33:13 AM »

Hey Nevol I have Tobyle's payment now so give her some good ole Aussie "PAID" stamp of approval.

Pocketcoins each medallion will be $20 and each member, regardless of where he or she lives, will pay $3.00 for first class shipping. I will have to purchase bubble mailers for the 2009 medallion quest so I will just buy some extra for this quest at the same time!

Terry
Knight #1

AdamL
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2010, 08:22:55 AM »

Hello guys. A nephew of Gary's posted in this thread: http://www.cointalk.com/t99077/ over on cointalk. He is interested in some medals. I Pmed him telling him I was a member of KOTCT and that I could put him in touch  with someone that he could directly order some of the CoinCrusader memorial medals from.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103
Speak the truth
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: