KOTCT Members Forum
May 16, 2024, 08:41:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gary Burke aka CoinCrusader Memorial Medallion  (Read 22367 times)
Jeffrey
Trade Count: (0)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2010, 06:50:24 AM »

Hi I will take 5 coin's also thank's and $20.00 toward's coin's for the Burke family
Sir  Jeffrey
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »

Thank you for the order Jeffrey. Nevol are you still keeping track of all of this? Grin Guess I would be lost without my ladies from down under! Wink

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2010, 08:58:10 AM »

Hi I will take 5 coin's also thank's and $20.00 toward's coin's for the Burke familySir  Jeffrey
Noted!!!

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2010, 02:17:39 PM »

TWO SHADOWS----IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A COPY OF THE ARTICLE IN THE DELTA NEWSPAPER-----IF IT IS NOT TOO LONG----MAYBE IT COULD BE RUN HERE AND WE COULD DOWNLAOD IT............ANY CHANCE Huh Huh Huh Huh

THE TEMPLAR

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2010, 04:02:40 AM »

I think someone posted the link but I am not sure where? I am not even sure where I am right now either? I will say if someone would like to post it, preferably in the HISTORY thread, it would remain safely. When it comes to uploading, downloading or unloading I am a total cluts thats why I surrounded myself my computer wizards to take care of me! Wink

Terry
Knight #1

Nevol
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2010, 04:24:58 AM »

I wanted to post this in one of the History threads, but I couldn't find a "reply" button in any of them, so I've resorted to posting it here.  Maybe TKO could insert it into one of the Locked History topics.

First, the link to the article Terry wrote about Gary:
http://www.deltacountyindependent.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14255:burke-left-an-impression-on-coin-collectors-worldwide&catid=47:letters&Itemid=338

The Article:

Burke left an impression on coin collectors worldwide

Written by Terry D. Adams    
Wednesday, 31 March 2010 00:00

Dear Editor:

On Thursday, May 18, Delta lost a well-known citizen with the passing of Gary Burke. It is our understanding Gary was a well-known sports writer and avid fan, spending the bulk of his life following the sports world.

Tears will surely flow as memories are shared over the loss of your neighbor and friend.

At this time tears are also being shed all over the world as Gary Burke had another side that most folks were not aware of. He had a tremendous love of numismatics, or coin collecting as most of us now call the hobby. A few years ago this amazing technology we call the Internet connected folks from all walks of life, from around the world, on various forums to discuss our hobbies and our passions.

A very small group of collectors had a dream and Gary Burke helped foster that dream into an international coin forum which became known as The Knights of the Coin Table. Based on truth, honesty and integrity the coin collectors involved shared knowledge as the membership grew. With old-fashioned chivalry as our guide, members began trading equal value collectables, and the idea has since spread around the world, with Gary forging the way in an effort to promote the love of numismatics with anyone who wished to learn.

In a few short years the Knights of the Coin Table forum was up and running with Gary Burke serving in the capacity of moderator on a world class forum. With Gary’s help we created the first membership-owned forum in the Internet world. He quietly served as the forum scribe, secretary and historian, while at the same time fulfilling his role as a father, grandfather, husband and employee for his local newspaper.

In 2007 the Knights of the Coin Table managed a first for an Internet forum group when they commissioned Colorado engraver and sculptor Daniel Carr to create their first silver, copper, brass and pewter medallions. We received e-mails from all over the world telling us it could not be done by such a small group. We were told repeatedly not to waste our time and efforts as major coin clubs throughout the world could not succeed in such an endeavor as thousands of dollars would have to be raised to fulfill such a dream. Undeterred and with Gary’s guidance and help the impossible became possible. Final shipment of our first medallions would be launched, under the direction of Gary and his wife Pat, from their home in Delta. The feat was again accomplished in 2008 and 2009 as we now await for last year’s medallions.

In the past few hours coin collectors from Australia, China, Turkey, Great Britain, Canada, Egypt, Belgium, Germany, Slovak Republic, Estonia, Romania, Italy, India, United States and the Netherlands have learned of the loss of our friend and mentor. We at this time are quickly moving forward with a new quest, which will again be a first for an Internet coin forum, as we prepare a memorial tribute to our friend from Colorado who gave so much to the world and asked nothing in return.

Last fall I was fortunte enough to meet Gary and Pat Burke as they ventured through the state of Indiana while on vacation. After spending countless hours online with this unique individual from Colorado I could now put a face with the name. I am one of the lucky ones in this group who got to shake the hand of such an outstanding personality.

Over the course of a lifetime we each will meet thousands of people. Some will be in passing while others will remain for a while, in our lives and in our hearts. And then there are those rare few who will never be forgotten as they truly do leave footprints on your heart. Gary Burke had done so in over 15 countries in the world and we are honored to have known and shared with this man and his family from Delta, Colorado.

Terry D. Adams

Administrator

Knights of the Coin Table International Coin Forum

KOTCT #46
Nancy

mackinac
Trade Count: (0)
Apprentice Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2010, 10:56:11 PM »

i would be interested in 2 memorial medallions

in all trust there is a possibility of betrayal
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »

Our Lady in Australia should confirm that order within hours! We will wait for her reply and go from there.

I would like to add the fact Daniel is working on an image of Gary for the memorial medallion at this time. !/We have been in touch with Michelle to obtain an appropriate photo for the Moonlight Mint to work from. I also know the Burke family is going to be interested in a rather large order of medallions and I/We have already agreed to work with them on their request.

Sometime soon I will post a payment due date which we will need to meet in order to fulfill our financial requirements to this project. I will continue to keep all of you posted as this quest moves forward. Thank you in advance for your support.

Terry
Knight #1

Nevol
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2010, 04:21:34 AM »

Copy  of Reply #28 of this thread, just bringing it to the front.  Grin Grin

Orders for the Gary Burke Memorial Medallion

1....Burke Family...6...$120.00 (maybe reduce this to 5 as TKO wants to personally send 1 to Michelle?)
2....AdamL..............1...$20.00 - Paid
3....ElleKitty............1...$20.00 - Paid
4....Templar............1...$20.00 - Paid
5....Nighthawk........1...$20.00
6....Humpybong......1...$20.00 - Paid
7....Nevol...............3...$60.00 - Paid
8....nohope587......8...$160.00 - Paid
9....Renal...............1...$20.00
10...Pocketcoins.....1...$20.00 - Paid
11...TKO...............2...$40.00 - Paid
12...Twoshadows..1...$20.00 - Paid
13...triggersmob...1...$20.00 - Paid
14...muckeye........1...$20.00 - Paid
15...Tobyle............1...$20.00- Paid
16...Edix...............1...$20.00- Paid
17...Longnine........1...$20.00
18...j8burke..........3...$60.00
19...Yass..............1...$20.00- Paid
20...skisnowmass.2...$40.00- Paid
21...gregk.............1...$20.00
22...Ken Nyberg....1...$20.00- Paid
23...Madspec........1...$20.00- Paid
24...Topher..........1...$20.00
25...Jeffrey...........5...$100.00 Paid
26...mackinac.......2...$40.00- Paid
27...nuggethill......1...$20.00- Paid

Total...........50 - $1000.00

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Nevol
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2010, 04:22:19 AM »

i would be interested in 2 memorial medallions
Noted!

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2010, 05:42:33 AM »

I would suggest everyone check out Daniel's planned design for the Burke Memorial Medallion in the other thread in this section and get your orders placed. If Daniel can pull this design off it should put him on equal standings with any mint in the world! I am putting my money on him! Wink

Terry
Knight #1

Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »

I would like to let each of you know the Burke family, in this very trying time, is overwhelmingly in favor of the design which Daniel has presented this week to our membership. They have been touched deeply! I have been in contact with Michelle concerning the design and she has worked with Daniel to get that perfect photograph for the medallion. I advised her on Wednesday the finished design had been posted for our review and she, in turn, rushed to her mother's side to present the news.
Later Wednesday I received a call from our Mountain Lady, Pat Burke, concerning the medallion and our efforts to provide this very worthy memorial for our Knight Sir Gary Burke. I had asked Michelle for the families approval before we struck the design. I simply cannot find the words to describe the love and the thanks offered from Pat and her family in Delta. In this very trying time we have given them something unexpected and they are just overwhelmed with gratitude to all of our members spread around the world who have so generously made this memorial a reality. Pat described Gary's love for this forum and the people he had befriended here. Through the years many of us have become one big family, whether we knew it or not, and will continue to do so as we move forward. When the time is right both Pat and Michelle will be posting their own replies to our endeavors but until then they have asked that I tell EACH OF YOU how much they appreciate our efforts and the love they have for our membershp.
While we all wish to have one small piece to commemorate our friendship with Gary, our CoinCrusader, his family is now awaiting an heirloom to have, hold and cherish for generations to come. Years from now when these medallions are passed on to others there will be stories told and part of the story will be resting on the back of the medallion telling all that in 2010 Knights and Knightesses still roamed the planet. Only through the miracle of technology could they exist and with a click of the mouse they spread around the world sharing their passion for their hobby, the joy of distant friendship and, at times, heartbreak and tears. One of those  medallions shall forever rest, embedded, in the tombstone of Gary Burke in Delta, Colorado.
It is an honor to be a small part of this story, to be a friend of his family and to have known a personality like Gary Burke.

Terry
Knight #1

Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2010, 12:32:59 AM »

I have received a free standing Castle Plaque which has been handcrafted by Madspec to hold one of our 63mm Pewter Medallions. This plaque will be presented to the Burke family with one of the memorial medallions after they are struck. Thank you Madspec for your time, effort and craftsmanship in this project.
   I will get a photo of Madspec's craftsmanship as soon as I can get with TKO and will post the plaque here for all to see. I am sure Madspec is willing to turn out a few more of these castles if any of our members are interested in displaying their pewter medallions in such a way. Personally I like what he has done and see the potential of adding a few to display all my pewters.
   Hopefully I can get a quote from Madspec for each plaque and offer them real soon through the KOTCT or directly from Madspec. Thanks again to Marion for this gift to the Burke family.

Terry
Knight #1

edix
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (3)
Knight Argent

KotCT #43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2010, 01:09:37 AM »

Thanx, Madspec!
humpybong
Master Collector
Trade Count: (20)
Knight Argent

bm.1947
View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2010, 04:20:37 AM »

Sir Madspec.......truly a gentleman and a great Knight.

What a great gesture.

Barry
Global Moderator
Knight of the Coin Table #47

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: