KOTCT Members Forum
May 16, 2024, 03:10:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Sacagawea Dollar?  (Read 3988 times)
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Trade Count: (13)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 06:59:05 AM »

Twoshadows,

Please, I meant the comments in JEST!  Surely you know that.  I remember past ocassions when you commented in the negative regarding Hillary.  So, I was just pulling your chain.

You and I almost always agree on things, and we agree I'm sure on the up-coming election.

One would think that a nation of 300 million people could find a few outstanding, common sense people to run for President.

However, unless you have the family name, big business backing, at least average appearance, and millions on millions of dollars, you simply can't run for President.

Do you think an Abraham Lincoln could be elected today?

I have followed politics on the national level since 1960, and have never been more disappointed than I am in 2008 -- both with the leadership, and the way things seem to be going.

So Twoshadows, we are still on the same page.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

KOTCT No. 2
ANA:  42203
Collector since 1956
S.George
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »

Actually, if memory serves me correct, there were 39 gold Sacagaweas struck and the Mint picked the best 12 or so for the outer space flight and destroyed the rest of them very quickly (melted). All of this happened prior to congress finding out about this little ILLEGAL striking!Now CoinCrusader let me make this perfectly clear where I stand on Hillary. "If she didn't have the guts to do what needed to be done with her marriage, while husband Bill was in office, why in the world would I think she has the guts to do what needs to be done as President? Everyone knows why she stayed with him now don't they? The media is right about one thing. Americans either love the Clintons or HATE the Clintons. It is for each individual to decide! I would point out most of the HATERS I know refused to vote this year as they feel there is NO election. Only a bunch of rich guys and gals throwing out a few rich friends for them to choose from and they are fed up with the mockery we call a national election.I am absolutely at a loss why any working class American would donate one thin dime to any of these arrogant rich politicians running for national office? Cry  I can think of thousands of other places where the money would be better spent!!!Take the, still on the drawing board, "Indiana OutHouse Museum" with our branch museums in Colorado and Wyoming. Where's the national outcry to save these historic structures? Grin Given the proper funds I/We can move forward with this dream! Grin And I am willing to make the sacrifice to head up this national shrine if only the funds would start dropping through the hole, so to speak!Now this was probably not the place for this polite rant but seeing how you asked I felt compelled to answer for the 49% of the Indiana voters who did not vote for Hillary and the other 50% of the registered voters who no longer vote!
Dear Sir Twoshades:
Yes!  The U.S.Mint might have minted 39 Sacawage Dollars.  But only 12 are, now available, on record.
We, Indians need a President, who is willing to help our country    Mr.Edward Moore Kennedy, Senetor of  Massachusetts and the Youngest Living Brother of President John F. Kennedy, visited India after a natural calamity struck us.   Mr.Bill Clinton visited our state Tamil Nadu, especially Vailankanni, where the Basillica of Our Lady of Good Health is there, when TSUNAMI played a hevoc on the small village. 
 THIS PLACE IS WHERE ST. MARY APPEARED IN PERSON AFTER
St.Fathima of Potugal
St.Lourdes of France
Vailankanni of Tamil Nadu, India
So we need a President who take some interest in our Country.In my humble opinion, after President Kennedy, none cared us.
The recent comment by President George Bush on rising prices. inflation 'hurts us' very much.   ACCORDING TO HIM THE FOOD CONSUMTION OF MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE, HERE IS THE REASON FOR INFLATION.. food shortage in U.SHe has failed to do some home work.
What was the price of Crude Oil, BEFORE IRAQ WAR ($25 per barrel)AND NOW( $123 per barrel), AFTER THE WAR.    President Bush is directly responsible for the inflation, not only in U.S but also around the world. If I were an American I will sue the President Bush for the difference in price of $123-$25 for the total oil barrels produced after the war and now  
HE SHOULD PAY THE VALUE TO AMERICAN PEOPLE.FOR THE NUMBER OF PLASTIC BAGS, COMING FROM IRAQ. GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF.
Thank you for the 2 wonderful magazines, that you have mailed to me, braving the cost of postage.   The cost of mailing is more than the magazine.   I shall repay your kindness SirTerry.By the way, who is the young beautiful girl on your address lable, please.George

It is by giving others, we actually receive from G
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 07:10:42 PM »

George you are very welcome. I was concerned the magazines were not going to reach you so that is why I kept bringing the issue (no pun intended) up! Grin The cost to mail them was NOT my concern as that is part of doing any type of business in this world of ours.

CoinCrusader I KNOW without a doubt you and I are on the same page and probably always will be. You just happened to pick a time when the Clintons were flaunting themselves all over Indiana and quite frankly I believe our politicians (elected officials) should hold to much higher ethical and moral values than the standards they have shown in the past decade or so. I am just glad the darn primary is now over and they all can move on to beg for money and tell half truths to other voters here in the states as NOTHING will change until the American voter, over the course of 3 elections clean them ALL out regardless of party lines. Only then will any of them take notice.

Old Dan that is a classic and a museum in it's self. What a beauty! Laying all jokes aside the whole country would probably have far less pollution and run off if we had just updated these old outhouses with a few creature comforts....you know....like heat, air conditioning, radio and TV, exhaust systems, ect...! Oh the good ole days (especially in the winter!)

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
S.George
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »

Cheesy

Dear Sir Twoshadows:
Thanks for the understanding
ALL the American people that I have contacted, helped me
in collecting U.S.Coins.  It may be a Student of 18 years or a Senior Citizen of 81 years.   They said I AM 81 YEARS YOUNG.
ALL OF THEM, LIKE YOU, NEVER CONCERNED ABOUT THE COST OF HIGH POSTAGE.
One Mr.John L. Leonard of Liberal, Kansas, paid subscription for 'COINS AND COINAGE'  magazines for more than 10 years or so.
One magazine gave a Free Lense, which I keep, even now
THE KINDNESS WITH WHICH AMERICANS ENCOURAGE COLLECTING U.S.COINS IS THE SOLE REASON FOR MY COLLECTING THEM.
THANKS, AGAIN.
Kind regards, Administrator

CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2008, 04:18:55 AM »

George,

What a nice post.

I can't remember ever meeting, or dealing with a numismatist who wasn't kind and caring.

KOTCT No. 2
Collector since 1956
S.George
Knight Argent

vicgeonath@yahoo.co.in
View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »

Cheesy

Sir CoinCrusader 42:
Yes!   You are 100% correct.   All the coin collectors/numismatists that I came accross were kind and generous towards me.
That is the MAIN KEY to this hobby of Kings and King of all hobbies.   We are kings and hence kind and generous with fellow collectors and numismatists.   Ha!  Ha!
George

Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 07:12:09 AM »

I see another dead Presidential coin will be released in a few days. Strange, we aren't seeing any long lines or rush to get them? I guess everyone will wait until a gimmic hits the newspaper offering 50 of them for only the $124.00 vault clearance fee? I was very disappointed a week or so ago when Numismatic News ran this advertisement which is laced with false advertising and deception. Guess the price of a two page ad far outweighed their morals and ethics? When my subscription expires I will no longer be renewing any of their publications. There may be a fine line between good business and greed but this advertisement in any legitimate coin publication crossed that line!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
triggersmob
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

Western Australian State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 05:54:04 AM »

Coincrusader has asked that I add this picture in.

Steve
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 06:08:11 AM »

Triggersmob,

Thanks for trying, but I can't see it.

Perhaps you could give it another shot.

The picture, by the way, ties right in with Old Dan's photo of the skyscraper outhouse.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

KOTCT No. 2
Collector since 1956
humpybong
Master Collector
Trade Count: (20)
Knight Argent

bm.1947
View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 06:27:04 AM »

I can't see it either Steve....try again.

All we get is a small box with a red X inside of it.

Barry
Global Moderator
Knight of the Coin Table #47

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »

humpybong, I intended to send you a copy also.  Thought I did.  Did you get it?

KOTCT No. 2
Collector since 1956
humpybong
Master Collector
Trade Count: (20)
Knight Argent

bm.1947
View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 12:58:31 PM »

CC, no did not receive anything from you.

I know you said that you sent some coins a few weeks ago but looks like a post office collector may have them.

Barry
Global Moderator
Knight of the Coin Table #47

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"
Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 03:35:44 PM »

Barry, Is it possible that CC is talking about sending a photo by email?

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
triggersmob
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

Western Australian State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 05:12:21 PM »

Bugger! It was there when I looked.

Ok here it is again.

Steve
ElleKitty
Mewmismatist
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

There's an awful lot of coins out there still.

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 11:44:24 PM »

Hmm, yes.  triggersmob, after peeking at your original post, you must have copied the link from your mail program.  There were several http redirects in that, making it impossible for anyone to see the picture.

Except you, and that was likely because the photo was already in your temporary internet files.  The computer had the path to it.

But! All is well, now.  And that's funny and so very true. >< Whatever happened to our great nation?  I think it must have died with Washington and Lincoln.

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: