KOTCT Members Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:38:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Starting A New Collection  (Read 751 times)
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Trade Count: (13)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« on: November 02, 2007, 06:20:23 AM »

I just returned from my favorite coin store.

One of the Australian Dansco Albums I ordered had come in.

I brought it home, and now have the Aussie 10 Cents Album.

Guess what I'm going to work on tonight?

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

KOTCT No. 2
ANA:  42203
Collector since 1956
ElleKitty
Mewmismatist
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

There's an awful lot of coins out there still.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:17:23 AM »

Let me know if you need any help with that. ^^  Since I'm sending you a packet out soon anyway and I've got a milk jar full of the odd Aussie coin.

Tobyle
Trade Count: (9)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:24:43 AM »

Are you going to be using coins from circulation or unc coins. If from circulation, let us know what you are needing and I'll keep an eye out for them.

Anna
Rusty
Trade Count: (0)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 08:59:13 AM »

CC,
Did you get the Supreme album or the normal push in type one? The Supreme albums have the coins encapsulated between two clear films, while the push in one has no covering and you cannot see the opposite side of the coin to what is facing outwards. I like the Supreme ones because of the ability to view both sides of the coin and the fact that the coins are covered. Cheers.
Brissyboy
Trade Count: (2)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:21:08 PM »

Hope you have fun putting the collection together.

Just remember the 10 cents was struck at two different Mints in 1966 and 1981 and there are also some die changes giving two varieties in 1999 and 2001 at least.

If you want to collect every type including proof and metal types, there are the proof Copper Nickel 1966 to 2008 and also a sterling silver one in 1991, pure silver in 2003 to 2007 and pure gold in 2001, 2005 to 2007 and Brilliant Uncirculated (specimen) from 2002 to 2008. And there is the 1999 large 10c of the 1930 Penny reverse in proof silver.

All makes for great fun and conversation.

Wayne - Knight #69
djluster
Trade Count: (0)

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »

I am not sure were my post went but. that 10 cents should be fun. I have alot of them at home as soon as you make a list I will see if I have any you need.

Also not to take part of your post but. I am looking at buying a type set Supreme albums anded to know if anyone know how far it goes. what year did they stop making it so what is the last years listed in the album I don't what to buy on for so much if they stop just after 2001 or was it later then that. I know that Bigfella had one a few months back I was looking at getting but they are almost very hard to find here and I don't think Dansco makes them anymore. so if anyone can help to let me know who far it goes it would help.
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Trade Count: (13)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »

Thanks to everybody offering help.

I would humbly accept anything sent my way and would be happy to pay for the coins as well as postage.

I always buy the supreme variety of Dansco Album, and don't think I have ever even seen the "push in" type.

Uncirculated coins are fine.  I am much more interested with having the spaces filled than with the quality of the coins.

I feel so blessed to have so many Aussie friends who have helped with my collections.  To try and list everyone is just begging for an accidental omission, but Barry, Steve, Bob, Kathryn, and Greg are certainly among those who have helped me so much.  I wouldn't have 1/10 of the Aussie coins I now have it it weren't for these people.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

KOTCT No. 2
ANA:  42203
Collector since 1956
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: