KOTCT Members Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:31:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1995 Lincoln DDO Opinions, please.  (Read 505 times)
Dumanyu
Trade Count: (0)

Email
« on: October 27, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »

I picked this up today in Raw 2 x 2 holder. I'd call it BU, but is it worth it to get it slabbed, graded and "varietied"? Anyone have a Cherry Pickers guide who can give me an idea as to it's worth and rarity?

Thanks,

buda
Trade Count: (2)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »

2007 redbook
ms65 $45.00

Wife thinks i love coins more than her
I think it&
KurtS
Trade Count: (0)

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:19:26 PM »

That's a very nice example of 1995P-1DO-001. For these LMC DDOs, the EDS coins command the highest prices. Judging by the die markers above LIBERTY, yours is an MDS, but a nicely struck example...wherever it falls in MS. Fortunately, the 2007 Redbook isn't very accurate as to recent market trends, as those prices were current for 2006. When I priced this variety a few months back, PCGS MS64+ were selling for over $100 (update: prices at auction seem to have dropped).  As to rarity, I recall the run per LMC "business strike" die pairs is around 200,000 coins for this period, but sometimes far fewer coins surface due to the run cut short--the 1969-S DDO is one example. Contrast that to rarities for recent LMC proof varieties, where die runs are limited to 2,000 coins. I know all these details because I found the proof 1999-S Close AM.  Grin

Did you find this unattributed? Very nice pick up! As to slabbing, I think it depends on whether you collect slabbed coins. But if you were to sell over the next year, a PCGS/NGC slab would definitely help. When the TPGs slab these, they don't note die state or strike, so collectors will pay the same for a PCGS/NGC EDS MS65 or an MDS MS65.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: