KOTCT Members Forum
May 15, 2024, 12:39:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: International Year of Planet Earth  (Read 1988 times)
triggersmob
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

Western Australian State Flag

View Profile Email
« on: January 18, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »

I went to the post office yesterday, to send a parcel to Nancy. There was a couple of coin sets there that kept calling me, so I had to bring them home.

They are the 2 coin set and the 6 coin set of uncirculated 2008, International Year of Planet Earth, coins.

Most coins are the same as the normal circulated coins, but there are two different ones. Here they are....

Steve
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 05:50:32 AM »

We don't have to worry about the U.S. striking anything like that as there is no place for a dead politician. The U.S. only strikes coins for specific organizations that are well placed in the world of government and as fund raisers for those chosen few.
A few years back Old Dan and I wanted a silver commemorative in tribute to the History of the Out House and even talked about an Out House Museum but they apparently thought our idea was full of crap? I would have thought everyone in government would have jumped on the honey wagon and see this project off the ground but it wasn't meant to be. Today it is still just a dream!

Now Triggersmob on a more serious side, will the dollar be readily available in unc? Trying to keep up with the Aussie dollars and mint marks is an interesting project when living in the midwest. Still need to get a list together of what I have and go from there, both backwards and forwards! Also KEEP me in mind for those proof Mob of Roos!!!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:58:33 AM »

...... no place for a dead politician.

LMAO.  Grin Grin Grin

Both $1 coins available in 2 coins sets, MOR in Proof, Planet Earth in UNC.

You can browse the RAM products here:

http://mintissue.ramint.gov.au/mintissue/eshop_browse.asp

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
humpybong
Master Collector
Trade Count: (20)
Knight Argent

bm.1947
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 08:37:01 AM »

I purchased both sets before Christmas and had my family give them to me as Christmas gifts.

Beats getting sox and jocks....... Grin

Barry
Global Moderator
Knight of the Coin Table #47

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 07:00:22 PM »

Hey I got some socks but currently wearing Artic Extreme Socks to keep my little toes toasty warm. Actually they sweat indoors but do what their supposed to while outside and believe me I am outside whether I want to or not!!! Sure wish they had these babies when I was much younger to go with my Canadian Sorels. The best boot ever made and of course MADE in CANADA where they really know what cold is all about! Darn, I may be off topic just a bit?

Terry
Knight #1

ElleKitty
Mewmismatist
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

There's an awful lot of coins out there still.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »

A bit off topic, but I think everyone will agree that warm toes is definitely an important topic!

And, back onto topic, I'm waiting my two sets to be delivered to me from Downies.  I ordered the 2008 mint unc. set and the companion set so I get both dollars and 20 cent pieces. Can't wait to see them!  I also ordered the bronze coloured COA dollar, and the NZ tuatara 10 cent piece. Cheesy

Brissyboy
Trade Count: (2)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »

Twoshadows,

The International Year of Planet Earth one dollar will not be released into circulation so the only coins available will be from the 2 coin uncirculated set and the 6 coin Proof set (for those that collect the proof dollars too). We may even see a similar situation to 2007 where the Mob of Roos one dollar may not be released into circulation either. The Uncirculated Mob of Roos will be in 6 coin Mint Set while the Proof Mob of Roos is available in the 2 coin Proof sets and the 6 coin Baby Proof Sets and a specimen quality uncirculated Mob of Roos is in the 6 coin Wedding Sets. The 6 coin Baby Uncirculated Sets have the 2008 Norman Lindsay Magic Pudding dollar.

It appears that the 2008 circulation one dollar coin will commemorate 100 Years of Scouting in Australia.

Other one dollar coins for 2008 are the Centenary of Rugby League and the Year of the Rat, both uncirculated in cards. There will be a second dollar coin released later in the year for the Centenary of Rugby League. They also have a pure silver proof version of the Year of the Rat dollar.

There are to be dollar coins for the Land Series - similar to the 2006-07 Ocean Series of Frosted Uncirculated dollar coins with colour pad printing.

And of course we have the Centenary of the Coat of Arms dollar with the C mintmark. This will be followed during the year with the S, B and M privy marked coins and the Coin Show counter stamped S, B and M coins. This series also includes a Pure Silver Proof version also with a C mintmark.

And that's what we know about and it is only January.

Happy collecting,
Wayne

Wayne - Knight #69
gregk
Trade Count: (4)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 11:00:33 AM »

I have heard that there will also be a scout 50 cent in the credit card type folder and in a P&C release.
Yass
Trade Count: (0)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 02:26:17 PM »

I have heard that there will also be a scout 50 cent in the credit card type folder and in a P&C release.
Definitely a Scout PNC coming out. I have already ordered it.

I've learned that I don't suffer from insa
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 08:38:49 PM »

Gather them all up Gregk and find an Aussie who will bust one of those proof Mob of Roos out of its plastic cage! Tell them its for a life or death cause in Indiana Grin!!!

Terry
Knight #1

ElleKitty
Mewmismatist
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

There's an awful lot of coins out there still.

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 12:22:06 AM »

Okay, I'll bite.  Where can I order the Scouting 50cent in the credit card?  Not terribly interested in the PNC, though... 

Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 12:40:09 AM »

A german forum on which I post had a kind of consensus they did not like the new gold one ounce lunars starting with the year of the rat because they do not like the new size of the new 1 oz gold coin
Those Germans are driving the old dragon prices over 1600 dollars now for an ounce with the horse and the snake in second and third position

Methinks Australia is doing what France does
France had like 64 new designs last year  Huh

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way
scottishmoney
Only Gold Truly Glitters
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 01:51:16 AM »

A few years back Old Dan and I wanted a silver commemorative in tribute to the History of the Out House and even talked about an Out House Museum but they apparently thought our idea was full of crap? I would have thought everyone in government would have jumped on the honey wagon and see this project off the ground but it wasn't meant to be. Today it is still just a dream!

Several years ago when we still lived in Texas, we watched the Miss Texas Pageant on TV.  One of the finalists was named Stacey Outhouse, I kid you not.  She even said in her speech you would never forget her, because with a name like her's you are always remembered.  And guess what, she didn't win the pageant, but I still remember her and her name.  Gotta give it to her for keeping her family name, and making light of it.

Tobyle
Trade Count: (9)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 03:55:34 AM »

Okay, I'll bite.  Where can I order the Scouting 50cent in the credit card? 

ElleKitty, this coin has not been released yet - As soon as they are available, I'll make sure I get a couple of spares - so let me know if you want one.

Ooop - I take the above comment back, Elle - it is now available ........ here is a link to the pic

http://mintissue.ramint.gov.au/mintissue/product.asp?code=801870

gregk
Trade Count: (4)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 03:51:20 PM »

The $10 gold scout  @$210 and issue only 1500 could be a goer as well.  With regards to the 50 cent release, I can get these to send at issue plus post (or trade).  However, I do not want disrupt any arrangements you may have with other members.
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: