KOTCT Members Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:32:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 UK Charles Darwin £2 Coins  (Read 3127 times)
Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 05:33:51 AM »

I was thinking about getting a Charles Darwin £2 coin, but seeing the RM wanted £10 (roughly AU$22.00)  Huh to post it to Australia, I decided to pass on it.  Cry

The coin was about £4.70 I think, and £10 to post 1 coin is ridiculous, no matter where you live.  Angry  Angry  Angry

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
EgCollector
Trade Count: (14)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 05:45:42 AM »

That is always the problem i face, every time i decide to buy online. Shipment fees  Cheesy, especially if you are buying one item. When i was searching for my first Krause, i found a good one "used as new" for $12 (roughly 66 Eg. pounds) but the seller asked for $40 (220 Eg. Pounds).

Cheesy Smiley

I think it will always be better if you buy several coins, and the seller would agree to combine shipment.

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
Yass
Trade Count: (0)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 10:13:34 AM »

Creationism versus evolution.
This topic could turn nasty very suddenly.
Your all wrong anyway!  Scotty? You there? Beam me up mate  Grin LOL

I've learned that I don't suffer from insa
AdamL
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 10:39:14 AM »

Creationism versus evolution.
This topic could turn nasty very suddenly.
Your all wrong anyway!  Scotty? You there? Beam me up mate  Grin LOL

It sure could. I have my theory on where we came from, or at least how we became what we are. And I consider it to be fact. However, I'm not touching this topic with a ten foot pole. It doesn't bother me that different people have different beliefs. But some people really get upset if someonedoesn't believe what they believe.
I try to keep coins seperate from beliefs/religeon or politics. Grin

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103
Speak the truth
Eringobraugh
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »

Triggermob said "Call me a Godless heathen if you like, but I much prefer Darwins theory to any other."

Well,I believe in Darwins theory more than the bible story,but,I also am a god fearing man...or at least I believe in higher power that were all going to have to answer to someday!!

Oh,and very nice coins!!!!

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 04:08:40 AM »

Well we have had our say and, quite honestly, I got involved for a purpose. My personal beliefs are very strong and I consider myself a very spiritual person. I also believe when it comes to power and greed many men will do what ever it takes to possess it. Recorded history is full of lies and will continue to be so until the masses finally decide they are wise enough to do their own thinking, know right from wrong and to quit worrying about how their neighbors think or believe. Individual man must finally accept responsibility for each of his actions and beliefs. We come into the world alone and will leave it alone. We would all be much better if we practiced more compassion and understanding instead of hatred and fear. The important thing, in my mind, is regardless of how and what I believe I AM NOT willing to kill for those beliefs. It really doesn't matter that we don't see everything eye to eye as, in the end, we will all get to so the rights and wrongs of our lives. So why waste our time now?
We could argue for years over any topic so what is to be gained? Wasted time, energy and emotions over what?
I would like to thank each of you who responded to this thread for remaining polite and civil. It says a lot about the type of personalities that frequent this forum.
In ending I will say everyone of us has been lied to since the day we was born. Reading between the lies might be a better past time than actually jumping on the bandwagon to follow someone else's agenda. As I have said, "Nothing is more scary than a fool who is not afraid to speak out or the sheep who are willing to follow!"   Thanks guys and gals for the respect and understanding that has been shown in this thread. I will most likely delete the non-coin related replies as they are available to guests as well as members. Don't want anyone to think we are all bad!!! Grin

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
Eringobraugh
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 05:05:38 AM »

TwoShadows....Youre right this is a coin discussion forum...Its just that I love to argue religion and get others to devulge their beliefs...

Please delete my non coin post with extreme prejudice Smiley

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 06:06:11 AM »

One of the beauties of this castle is the mere fact NONE of us ever stay on topic very long. There is NO hand slapping for being off topic. While coins brought us together we see here there is much more in the world that REALLY needs to be discussed and respected. We could argue for years over what is the most attractive coin in the world or the most valuable but we don't as it would be pointless as none of us would change our minds! Wink  The lesson here is really quite broad and covers much more than the topic discussed. While we might rile each other a bit it should also raise the question, in each of us, as to why? I mean after all none of us may be 100 percent right nor, at the same time, 100 percent wrong. Which means together we may show one another a new view to an old problem? I like to look at everythng as "what if". It helps me to see both sides of an issue and at times in my life I really hated having the ability to actually see and weigh both sides of an issue. But in the end I know it made me a little better person especially when someone was needed to forge a compromise. The world sure needs more compromise! Wink  And, as we all know, compromise leads to a better understanding given a chance!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
TKO-100

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 06:17:11 AM »

I will most likely delete the non-coin related replies as they are available to guests as well as members. Don't want anyone to think we are all bad!!! Grin

Just so everyone is well aware... NOTHING is available to guests... Log out and look if you like.

TKO
Yass
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »

I will most likely delete the non-coin related replies as they are available to guests as well as members. Don't want anyone to think we are all bad!!! Grin

Just so everyone is well aware... NOTHING is available to guests... Log out and look if you like.

TKO
I logged out and had a look.  There seems to be no restriction (or very liitle) on viewing posts.

Yass
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 12:20:34 PM »

I was able to read this entire thread, including my last post.

Am I misunderstanding what a guest can and can't do?

TKO-100

Email
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 05:40:12 AM »

I changed the opening after reading ElleKitty's post inviting guests to vist the site.  Not much good to invite newbies if they can't see anything, huh?
Yass
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 05:49:29 AM »

I changed the opening after reading ElleKitty's post inviting guests to vist the site.  Not much good to invite newbies if they can't see anything, huh?

I have absolutely no problem with posts being viewed by guests.  As you suggest, it provides a glimpse into our forum which enables (and would probably encourage) people to join.

My only concern was pointing out that the actual didn't agree with the stated.

Carry on Sir TKO.  You do a marvellous job.

EgCollector
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 06:02:33 AM »

Now this is a beauty.  Smiley

* charles-darwin-200th-anniversary-silver.jpg (31.22 KB, 430x430 - viewed 174 times.)

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
EgCollector
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 06:11:16 AM »

obverse

* 2009-tuvalu-silver-1dollar-obverse.jpg (21.82 KB, 250x251 - viewed 164 times.)

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: