KOTCT Members Forum
May 19, 2024, 02:19:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fake Slabs  (Read 1453 times)
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 08:20:41 AM »

Airtites? But TPGs might all start expanding on  tokens and medals. I dare say, if I may, that  I feel so "empowered"  by that thought. Can I use the word "empowered" in an election year if it has nothing to do with a scummy politician? I know it's one of their favorite words. But I think this year it's been supplanted by "relief,"  "change,"  and "Uh-Oh" so it's probably okay.

Seriously, these counterfeit slabs may benefit brick and mortar dealers. If things start to get out of hand I would guess NGC and any others affected  will resort to more sophisticated security devices. They may not be that useful though on the Internet. How do tilt an image to check a  hologram or security thread or whatever? People may come to rely on store and show dealers to weed out the fakes  from stock they are buying.  People may come to rely on themselves by learning grading and authentication and rely on honest dealers for tips etc. It may, ---I HOPE IT DOES--- all make a circle back to the beginning.

Airtites are a good product but I like the note cards that I can use with SAflips.

No matter where you go, there you are.
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: