KOTCT Members Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:27:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Abraham Lincoln Presidential Dollar  (Read 791 times)
EgCollector
Trade Count: (14)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:21:12 PM »

May be its too early, but i will sure need one of these dollars.

So please my American friends, keep me on your mind  Smiley

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
EgCollector
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »

The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Dollar will represent the final release of 2010 for the ongoing Presidential Dollar coin series. The circulation release date is tentatively set for November 18, 2010. Due to the popularity of Lincoln in numismatics, the release might bring some renewed attention to Presidential Dollars series.

Abraham Lincoln has appeared on the one cent coin since 1909 without interruption. The denomination was used in 2009 to celebrate Lincoln's Bicentennial by featuring four different reverse designs representing the different stages of his life. A fifth new design for the cent was introduced in 2010 to represent his legacy. These recent issues were extremely popular with collectors and the upcoming dollar coin is expected to generate a similar response.

The obverse of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Dollar features his portrait , as designed and sculpted by Don Everhart. The obverse inscriptions include "Abraham Lincoln", the motto "In God We Trust", "16th President", and the years served "1861-1865".

The reverse of the coin will feature a rendition of the Statue of Liberty intended to represent the concept of Liberty. This was also designed and sculpted by Don Everhart. Reverse inscriptions read "United States of America" and "$1".

The 2010 Abraham Lincoln Dollars are expected to be released for circulation and sold by the United States Mint in numismatic rolls, the 2010 Presidential Dollar Proof and Uncirculated Sets, the 2010 Proof Set, 2010 Silver Proof Set, and 2010 Mint Set. Details of an official release ceremony have not yet been announced.

http://coins.coinupdate.com/abraham-lincoln-presidential-dollar/

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
edix
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (3)
Knight Argent

KotCT #43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »

Right now I'm looking forward to the release date for the James Buchanan presidential dollars, which will be August 19, 2010.
templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »

I SHOWED SOME COINS THAT CAME IN A SET THAT INCLUDED THE 4 PRESIDENTS THAT WILL BE MINTED THIS YEAR AND THE LINCOLN COIN IS OUT IN THE SET BUT AS AN INDIVIDUAL COIN IT WILL BE ONE OF THE LAST TO BE MINTED IN BULK THIS YEAR--I WILL KEEP A EYE OUT FOR THEM AND MAYBE I CAN MAIL SOME TO THE LAND OF OZ IF SOMEONE COULD FORWARD THEM FOR ME....THINK ABOUT IT WE HAVE TIME........

YOUR FRIEND AND SERVANT.........THE TEMPLAR

* 4 PRESIDENTS.jpg (246.75 KB, 1103x684 - viewed 110 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
scottishmoney
Only Gold Truly Glitters
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »

Too bad they don't mint an OMS in silver of the presidential dollars, I would like to have one of Lincoln.  I got the set of proofs of the bronze cents and the dollar coin last year.  Frankly he is the only president on coinage that I am interested in collecting.  BTW I am not sure of the interests in James Buchanan, he was president when the country began to dismember itself and he stood by and ignored it.  I am also disappointed that James Buchanan's wife, Rufus King, will not be featured on the first lady coins.

EgCollector
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 04:12:06 AM »

I have the 2007 P&D, the 2008 P&D in mint sets and the 2008 S coins in a NGC slabed PF69 ultra cameo. I stopped collecting presidential dollars but i cant resist the Lincoln dollar.
 Smiley

Amr Smiley Smiley Smiley

Knight #107
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: