KOTCT Members Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:58:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gary Burke aka CoinCrusader Memorial Medallion  (Read 22228 times)
Jeffrey
Trade Count: (0)
Knight

View Profile Email
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »

Hi Terry
My medallion's arrived today in LasVegas thank's so very much!!!! Great Coin!!!! Mr Carr did a great job A+++
Sir Jeffrey     hansenhome
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2010, 07:38:30 AM »

The Burke Family in Delta, Colorado is still absolutely in awe over the medallions produced by KOTCT and Daniel Carr's Moonlight Mint. They have received more requests from family members for the medallions so if any of you have extra medallions for sale PLEASE email MedicMichelle with information. You can email her by going to the "members" list and search for her name. Thank you in advance for any consideration you give this request.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
edix
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (3)
Knight Argent

KotCT #43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2010, 01:11:05 AM »

I received the memorial medallion today, which was a bit sentimental due to the fact that a local friend of mine died this morning. (He had previously told me he's left me some Russian coins in his will.)
I think Daniel Carr's rendition of Gary Burke is amazing. What a great innovation!
There's some press grease on the rims, but that lends itself to the hand wrought authenticity of the piece.
Cheers!
humpybong
Master Collector
Trade Count: (20)
Knight Argent

bm.1947
View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2010, 04:36:55 AM »

None received downunder as yet.  Still waiting on them to be posted to us.

Cry

Barry
Global Moderator
Knight of the Coin Table #47

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"
D. Carr
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2010, 12:51:09 PM »

The Burke Family in Delta, Colorado is still absolutely in awe over the medallions produced by KOTCT and Daniel Carr's Moonlight Mint. They have received more requests from family members for the medallions so if any of you have extra medallions for sale PLEASE email MedicMichelle with information. You can email her by going to the "members" list and search for her name. Thank you in advance for any consideration you give this request.

I've actually still got about 5 pieces that are struck just fine, but I had issues applying the edge lettering and it didn't come out quite right (doubled lettering and/or partially missing edge lettering).   I was going to destroy those "rejects", but didn't yet.   I can send those.   I also have the die which I could also send.   What address should I send them to ?
D. Carr
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2010, 12:53:40 PM »

I received the memorial medallion today, which was a bit sentimental due to the fact that a local friend of mine died this morning. (He had previously told me he's left me some Russian coins in his will.)
I think Daniel Carr's rendition of Gary Burke is amazing. What a great innovation!
There's some press grease on the rims, but that lends itself to the hand wrought authenticity of the piece.
Cheers!

Thanks.   It isn't really "press grease" - more like planchet grease.   The pewter is sort of a "greasy" metal, with lots of impurity inclusions.

PS:
My condolences on your friend.
edix
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (3)
Knight Argent

KotCT #43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2010, 12:59:18 AM »

Wow! That high pressure must act like a leaching process then.
D. Carr
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2010, 02:41:39 AM »

Wow! That high pressure must act like a leaching process then.

Once when I was striking some 63mm pewter, I failed to notice that the coin press was adjusted
for blanks that were half the tickness of the blank I just inserted.   Compared to other metals,
striking pewter is like "punching pillows".   When I stamped this one, it literally went "poof !",
and flakes of pewter went flying all over the room - like a feather pillow that had exploded.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2010, 03:36:38 AM »

I am proud to FINALLY announce that all medallions which are paid in full are IN THE MAIL!!! Sorry for the delay but my private life was a bit in turmoil for a few weeks. Things are returning to normal so I should be back with all of you very soon. (single though!)

Daniel if you would just send the medallions to me if the Burke family has not contacted you. I will see that they get the ten medallions they requested.

I still have NOT received payment for a couple of medallions so I will just sit on them for the time being. Thanks to all of you for another successful quest.

Terry
Knight #1

triggersmob
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

Western Australian State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2010, 05:48:10 AM »

Great news about the medals.
Sad news about your private life.
I hope everything works out OK for you.

Steve
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »

Trigg ole buddy I am working on it! After a very emotional couple of weeks I am now seeing things in a whole new light and I like what I see! Will keep you posted and do let me know when those medallions reach OZ. Shouldn't be too long as they are coming Priority Mail.  Wink

I am actually thinking about saving up a few bucks and going down under to visit next year! Got to have goals don't we? Something to look forward to and to focus on? Of course there is also Wyoming and Colorado calling as well! Wink

Terry
Knight #1

templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2010, 07:57:19 AM »

DON'T FORGET MICHIGAN

YOUR FRIEND ........THE TEMPLAR

* michflag.gif (65.12 KB, 132x99 - viewed 81 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
triggersmob
Knight Argent

Western Australian State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »

Trigg ole buddy I am working on it! After a very emotional couple of weeks I am now seeing things in a whole new light and I like what I see! Will keep you posted and do let me know when those medallions reach OZ. Shouldn't be too long as they are coming Priority Mail.  Wink

I am actually thinking about saving up a few bucks and going down under to visit next year! Got to have goals don't we? Something to look forward to and to focus on? Of course there is also Wyoming and Colorado calling as well! Wink

Wyoming and Colorado you can visit anytime.  Come on down to Aus, I'm sure there are plenty of Knights that will offer you a bed, a mug of mead and a hot meal.

Steve
Tobyle
Trade Count: (9)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2010, 06:44:16 PM »

I can offer the spare bed ..... can probably get hold of the mead, but as for the hot meal - unless you like Take Away, you'll have to cook that for yourself I'm afraid.
Yass
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2010, 05:43:31 AM »

I have a six bedroom house with only one transient child living at home.  You can have the garage   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Seriously, anytime you, or any other member of the KOTCT find themselves in the Canberra region, you will always have a place to stay.  I even have a spare car.  It might not have any petrol due to a son who thinks the more petrol a car has, the more likely he is to use it rather than his own (which never has any petrol).

I've learned that I don't suffer from insa
Pages:  1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: