KOTCT Members Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:48:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gold or Silver?  (Read 7241 times)
Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2008, 11:35:05 PM »

The reason I asked about the Latin is because on the back of the U.S Dollar it says" "Novus Ordo Seclorum."  I was wondering if that really translates to New World Order

From my Latin learned in church and from my French I knew this to be a wrong translation
A webcrawler gave me the right one in a minute

Novus Ordo Seclorum signifies "the beginning of the new American Æra," which commences from 1776.

http://www.greatseal.com/mottoes/seclorum.html

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way
Goose
Trade Count: (6)
Knight Argent

ncscpcamvs@yahoo.com Goose
View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2008, 05:30:13 AM »

I only had 4 yrs of latin in H S and after a few yrs (a few yrs? HA!) I can't remember zilch. But in my trusty 1977 gigantic dictionary, under 'Foreign words & Phrases', it states: { (L) 'A new order for the ages' (motto for the reverse side of the great seal of the U S A). }

Also,  I recollect speeches from the last 3 president all say, "The new world order". Hmmm.
longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2008, 07:05:45 AM »

The reason I asked about the Latin is because on the back of the U.S Dollar it says" "Novus Ordo Seclorum."  I was wondering if that really translates to New World Order

From my Latin learned in church and from my French I knew this to be a wrong translation
A webcrawler gave me the right one in a minute

Novus Ordo Seclorum signifies "the beginning of the new American Æra," which commences from 1776.

http://www.greatseal.com/mottoes/seclorum.html

Thanks.  It certainly was a new era back in 1776--the era where  politicians  had the choice of being the function of citizens or the object of a bayonet. And it's a new era now--the era of citizens being the function  of CEO's whose policies are promlagated by their political minions, a.k.a "our leaders."   

And then in November it'll  be "pass the Prozac and vote the bums out." Like it really matters. It'll be a seamless transition, one bum out, one bum in and  a smiley CEOligarchy.

If this country were ever to hit another Great Depression there's a danger the zombies may come back to life. Maybe that's what they're afraid of?

Just one more reason to own gold and silver.

No matter where you go, there you are.
Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »

I am really not very good at macro economics but Mr Sinclair seems to think that silver will shoot up like a rocket and fall like a stone since it is not real money but a commodity whilst gold will shoot up like a rocket and stay there to please the rich which will use it as real money in some sort of way as collateral

http://www.jsmineset.com/home.asp

longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »

I hope he's right, I'd love to buy more silver at lower prices. I stopped buying when it hit around $11.

It should become obvious sooner or later that this inflation, via Ben's liquidity, is nothing more than Ben shifting  the losses  of wallstreet screw-ups  unto the backs of consumers. He's not a fed chief anymore, he's a welfare czar.

He's giving wallstreet a stay of execution from the real nature of Capitalism: reward the smart and punish the stupid.  If he wants to play that game that's fine but he's not fooling Capitalism.  Sooner or later the executioner is going to win and the retards will be in the hereafter where they can embrace with their discounted future earnings that took  up residence there long ago.   Shocked

Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2008, 01:20:14 AM »

If he is right you should buy silver now at 53 ounces to an ounce of gold and switch your silver to gold when the exchange is better then 15 silver ounces to a gold ounce that is like 200 percent gain with the pleasure of holding the silver in the meantime and the gold later
Since here in europe the spreads plus 7 percent sales taxes on silver take a huge bite out of anything I am not going to play that game

My game which I thought out in the seventies trying to cover as many ways as possible without loosing a chance of being on the winning side

First all kinds of goldcoins bought as close to melt as possible and most with a collector premium potential should collectors get more affluent
( low probability ) but if gold doubles from here who cares ( high probability )
Then gold shares spread over Rand and Candollars and majors and marginals . After every rally selling the highest and buying lowest on the theme that everything averages to the mean . Sofar this has worked since  my dogs of yesterdays are my stars of todays

Since some of my better predictions have been used by others under their own name I guess that virtually nobody is posting anything original anymore on any of the forums I used to post on .

In the next months a last opportunity for buying gold or gold shares may arise

longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

Thankyou. I guess that could work well as long as metals are in a long term up trend, which I believe they are, but I've never really been that wild about gold at any price, low or high.

When it comes  coin collecting and silver--(mostly Art bars) I have to actually like what I'm buying whether or not I think it's a good investment. That's probably not the right way to do it but if I was doing it right I'd rich by now.  Grin

Of course I could  still get rich doing it backwards. Seems to work for wallstreet. So silver and it's symbolical mirror might be perfect! I can shave with my left hand  and the mirror will say it's right.

Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2008, 05:42:19 PM »

Yesterday in the news on TV there was some rep from supermarkets saying food was going up at 8.5% a year now
immidiately followed by Colruyt rep I think saying not all foods are going up like salad is coming down and some other fresh vegatables too
Now what is the caloric value of salad Huh Close to nil I would think
How long can you keep it ? Like three days if you are lucky and it is probably Hydroculture pushed as fast as possible and
since salad has virtually no own taste it is not a factor in producing it

We probably will not get much for our troubles buying silver or gold but we may be able to keep what we have and pay
for the food we like . So essentially keeping up with inflation

longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2008, 10:19:04 AM »

I was in line last night at the super market and watched some woman, buying 10 gallons of milk and paying for it with a WIC check. After  "We the People" paid for her "chill-drins" milk  she then paid separately for all her yuppie crap: salad, tofu, fish, deli meat, deli subs,  wine etc.

Who's going to support all the welfare bums in America when everyone in America becomes a welfare bum?

Why doesn't bush give us all a million dollar rebate? We can really stimulate the economy then. 

Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »

I was in line last night at the super market and watched some woman, buying 10 gallons of milk and paying for it with a WIC check. After  "We the People" paid for her "chill-drins" milk  she then paid separately for all her yuppie crap: salad, tofu, fish, deli meat, deli subs,  wine etc.

Who's going to support all the welfare bums in America when everyone in America becomes a welfare bum?

Why doesn't bush give us all a million dollar rebate? We can really stimulate the economy then. 

I once had an american boss the best I ever had who ended his second retirement as vice president of Tupperware
he received double salary whilst in Belgium for another company that fired me in 1996
one salary at home and one here in Belgium
He got free use of a small castle with stables and horses with one provision that he got the lawns mowed and the horses ridden
Now his wife and two daughters liked to ride horses
His wife spend money like a drunken sailor going to France to buy mink coats

Belgium is a welfare state and I paid 65% direct state taxes on any salary increase and another 12% city taxes on everything and up to 32% taxes on luxury items as value added tax 25% basic luxury tax and another 7% on superluxury
I travelled two hours at high speed a day ( in the old days 100 miles an hour) and I could not afford a 2500 cc car with 32% tax not even with 8 years of university and engineering and MBA diplomas nor speeking 4 languages

One day he kind of complained to me about during his term back in the US a woman was buying prime sirloin steak with welfare checks whilst he was buying ordinary beef
Ok he was the saving kind but his three woman were spending it as fast as they could .

For the moment the Belgian reasoning is if they can get immigrants as fast as possible and paying taxes our pensions will be safe  Huh Huh Huh

The last year with the american multinational I paid 37000 dollars in direct taxes and my employer paid 84000 dollars in government contributions for my welfare and my pension etc and then I paid solidarity contributions on my "free" sickness insurance etc.

I guess what I mean is that a country that does not have money for dental care for its children but for two useless wars is far from a welfare state with welfare bums
and a million during the Weimar Republic did not buy you a loaf of bread .
My father was in german care during WWII and he ate worms and beatles and grass and cats to survive, my grandfather had gold double eagles sewn in the hem of my mothers dress and he had a private car and driver and spend the war in the South of France

Bottom line welfare state or not you have to try and take care of yourself

Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2008, 09:07:07 PM »

Bottom line welfare state or not you have to try and take care of yourself

Thanks August! That is the best advice I've heard for a long time, and one that I subscribe too.

Yes and I am a boy in trouble
My wife said she does not want to hear about the troubles of the world anymore and that it is going to drive me crazy
She still thinks the state is going to take care of her and I warned her every week the only thing the banks want is to get from her
whatever they can and NOT to trust their advice
She asks me who should I trust and I told her nobody which is an understatement since I do not trust myself  Grin

longnine009
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »

I guess I shouldn't complain too much about the woman and her WIC check. At least she didn't demand 300 million dollars severance pay to leave the store.  Shocked

Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2008, 11:29:24 PM »

Over here they do not give you food checks for all to see
They are civilized enough to transfer money into your bankaccount monthly
My neighbour is a cook and he is on unemployment money now for more then 10 years
He is very honest too because he does not work illigally without paying taxes
He just goes fishing every day fish will bite

scottishmoney
Only Gold Truly Glitters
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2008, 01:09:36 AM »

My neighbour is a cook and he is on unemployment money now for more then 10 years

Hmm, something sounds a little fishy about a 10 year fishing trip. Shocked

Paint Your Wagon
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »

Hmm, something sounds a little fishy about a 10 year fishing trip. Shocked

Once you got like 20 years of paying taxes and are older then 55 you are after I think six months no
longer in the unemployment stats . Also you are allowed to refuse jobs which do not match your qualifications
Like this guy cooked for Mick Jagger of the Stones and can refuse to flip burgers in a fastfood resto.
Flip side is that they give you enough money to survive but not enough to pay for extras
Poor guy had to give up his sauna visits but still buys cigs and beer with money from his wife .
Since he will have no extralegal pensions coming I really do not understand why he is not working now and then
It is perfectly allowed to work let's say 5 days a months if you pay taxes and use a temp interim agency

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: