KOTCT Members Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Shop Visit Today  (Read 4596 times)
Nighthawk
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

DELTA FORCE

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2009, 01:21:22 AM »

Well now Terry, I don't feel so bad!  Smiley I had to sell a lot of stuff (mostly U.S.) to pay the bills. That's when I decided to get away from collecting U.S. stuff per se. I still pick up a few things here & there, but I've gotten much more into world coins now that my budget has shrunk drastically due to a reduction in my wages. But, hey, I'm still as happy as a hog in slop to be able to at least collect SOMETHING! Sounds to me like you had it worse than I did being laid off!  Angry

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
LOVER OF ART & HISTORY
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2009, 09:05:30 AM »

The company I worked for eliminated my job, cut my wages drastically to place me in an entry level job and then tried to work me like a healthy 20 year old 12 hours a day at least 3 to 4 days a week. I did it for a month and moved on to another low paying company hoping to move upward once again. Didn't work out so I jumped to other job offers until finally ending up where I am currently. Seems it took me most of my life to get to the top and I am now working my way back to the bottom? Lot of co-workers with me now that have suffered the same cost saving moves by companies in the past few years.
I have done just the opposite of you as I was collecting silver Euro's and other foreign coins very heavily until my bubble burst! Now I am mostly silver, silver bullion or U.S. coins once again. As for the gold well I don't care what country its from when I can afford to buy it but gold is scarce in this area and has been for quite some time. My little guy has picked up a couple of pieces the past few months and I have managed one British half soverign. Guess that is better than nothing! Wink

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
Nighthawk
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

DELTA FORCE

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »

Like I mentioned before Terry, both gold and silver are plentiful in my neck of the woods. You ever want anything in particular, just ask, I'll be happy to pick it up for you!  Smiley

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
LOVER OF ART & HISTORY
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971
templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »

I AGREE WITH NIGHTHAWK--IF ANY OF YOU NEED SILVER EAGLES OR DOLLARS WE COULD PROBABLY GET HOLD OF THEM FOR YOU--ANYTHING TO HELP OTHER COLLECTORS

YOUR FRIEND AND SERVANT--THE TEMPLAR

* 1896 silver dollar.jpg (101.67 KB, 600x480 - viewed 157 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
Tobyle
Trade Count: (9)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2009, 04:19:08 AM »

What price range are the silver Eagles going for? I'd be interested in purchasing one (dependent on the price)
Goose
Trade Count: (6)
Knight Argent

ncscpcamvs@yahoo.com Goose
View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2009, 07:27:03 AM »

I purchased (2) @ $21 each....free shipping. Now I see an ad for (1) only for $19.50....free shipping. This is in the U S. Silver today is $17.50/oz (U S dollar).
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2009, 09:07:14 AM »

Anna unless you are interested in a specific date we should have the 2010's sometime in mid-Jan. but I don't have a clue what they will be selling for. I bought two Eagles Saturday for $19 each so they will probably run $21 to $23 if silver does not make a large jump between now and then. One thing is for certain if our Lady wants an Eagle the collectors over here will make sure one is put on a turtle and headed your way when you are ready for it! Wink

Terry
Knight #1

Tobyle
Trade Count: (9)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2009, 09:40:32 AM »

A nice new shiny 2010 sounds good - might wait a little.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2010, 10:20:51 AM »

The U.S. Mint released 2010 Silver Eagles on Jan. 19th to authorized buyers. Early reports say they sold 2,440,000 eagles on opening day. I read a report today that says gold and silver will continue to slid downward so we may get our Eagles a bit cheaper than anticipated and this downturn will benefit our Medallion Quest as well. I am keeping my eye on things! Roll Eyes

Terry
Knight #1

Pages:  1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: