KOTCT Members Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:24:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Shop Visit Today  (Read 4598 times)
Goose
Trade Count: (6)
Knight Argent

ncscpcamvs@yahoo.com Goose
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »

Terry, now THAT was a very good explanation. Now how many of us are satisfied with their 'conversions' ? I'd say around 99% of us are.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 08:55:06 AM »

Ah at last it was Saturday morning! I had the full day planned and it all involved being outside in the cool fall air getting ready for whitetail deer season! The old outdoorsman decided not to throw in the towel and bought a new tree stand. I had hunting permissions to get signed and areas to scout. And then, the love of my life tells me she needs to go to the coin shop to pick up a 2009 Mint Set for an Xmas gift! Darn my luck!
So off we go to that dreaded shop in Columbus with me being a patient loving husband smiling wickedly inside! Of course I lead her to believe "anything for you dear" and held that composure very well!
Once inside I noticed our dealer had purchased some SILVER EAGLES and they were calling my name immediately after entering his shop! They were screaming "take me home" and "adopt me" knowing both my wife and I were members of the Indiana Adopt Some Silver Society. Well I just couldn't turn my back on those little ones so five of them now reside with me. Being a loving parent can be tough but it is something I am destined to do!!! Grin
I just hope my wife can find someone else to buy a mint set for in the near future! Grin

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Trade Count: (13)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 01:24:46 AM »

When we visited you, I meant to ask where the coin shop was located.

Now that my coin shop has closed down. there is only one listed in my area, and I have yet to try and find it.  Isn't that something: One coin shop in an area of 150,000 people!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

KOTCT No. 2
ANA:  42203
Collector since 1956
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 05:44:35 AM »

I usually go to Columbus which is my favorite dealer. He and his wife have been very good to my family. They have given my little guy both gold and silver for birthdays and, at times just because he does go with us to the shop.
My other option is Franklin, IN but it is not the same feeling as doing business with the Hardy's.

Terry
Knight #1

CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 05:49:40 AM »

You mention "feeling," and that is so true.

I have been into a bunch of coin shops, but only felt "wanted" or "appreciated" in one.  Unfortunately, it no longer exists.

KOTCT No. 2
Collector since 1956
CoinCrusader42
Knight Excalibur
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »

If you don't mind my asking, what year of ASE's did you buy, and how much did they cost.

I would like to buy some for Christmas gifts, and would appreciate knowing the cost.

Thanks.

KOTCT No. 2
Collector since 1956
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 08:20:37 PM »

Guess I am a little slow getting back into this thread? I have bought 97's, 99's, 2000's. and 2002's in the last few weeks. For the most part every one of them was $18.25 to $19.00 and that was probably at least a $1.00 under the national average. If silver jumps much between now and Jan. I will dread the opening cost of the 2010 Eagles!!!

Terry
Knight #1

templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 09:40:54 PM »

THE COIN STORES AROUND HERE AND SOME OF THE PLACES ADVERTISED IN COIN WORLD  OFFER HOLIDAY I0Z. SILVER ROUNDS AND RECTANGLES WHICH MAKE NICE CHRISTMAS GIFTS OR STOCKING STUFFERS AND THEY ARE CHEAPER THAN THE EAGLES--THEY HAVE MANY DIFFERENT HOLIDAY ETCHINGS ON THEM--SOME EVEN HAVE COLOR ADDED--AS AN OPTION

NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR--JUST A SUGGESTION

YOUR SERVANT--THE TEMPLAR

* SANTA.jpg (5.54 KB, 129x160 - viewed 137 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
Eringobraugh
Trade Count: (0)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 04:00:23 PM »

Ive known my local dealer for over 25 years now...and ill have to say that he does cut me a lot of breaks in the prices he charges me.....Its always good to be "tight"(Is that word even used anymore) with your local dealer

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 03:00:29 AM »

Coin shop visit today was DREADFUL! NO silver or gold bullion for sale. Two fellows wiped out the silver on Wednesday. There was two pieces of gold and now there is only one as my son opted to bring home a quarter ounce U.S. commemorative. Pretty slim pickings today. Almost as bad as my deer hunting this year! Grin

Terry
Knight #1

Nighthawk
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

DELTA FORCE

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 06:15:20 AM »

Terry, you should have made the trip to Michigan for the big State Show. Lots and lots of gold and silver there today for very reasonable prices too. It's not too late to still come up. The show runs Saturday and Sunday.   Smiley

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
LOVER OF ART & HISTORY
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971
templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 06:30:00 AM »

WENT TO THE COIN SHOW TODAY WITH NIGHTHAWK--OUR COIN CLUB WAS ONE OF THE SPONSORS--SO WE HAD TO WORK BEFORE WE GOT TO HUNT AND PLAY
 SHOW RUNS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY TOO---PLENTY OF GOLD AND SILVER BEING BOUGHT AND SOLD----I HEARD THAT ONE BIG ROLLER BOUGHT$20,000.00 DOLLARS IN GOLD OFF ONE DEALER--VERY GOOD CROWD AND LOTS OF CASH BEING HANDLED BACK AND FORTH

I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW AND SUNDAY MORNING
  SO I WILL RELOAD AND ATTACK TOMORROW--THE HUNT IS ON--TEMPLAR

* michflag.gif (65.12 KB, 132x99 - viewed 123 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
Nighthawk
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (12)
Knight Argent

DELTA FORCE

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 09:15:21 AM »

Joe, you should know me by now.......... I only LOOK like I'm working, when I'm really on the prowl for some great deals!  Cool

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
LOVER OF ART & HISTORY
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 05:20:59 AM »

My wife just called from Columbus as she had some Xmas items to pick up. She gracefully mentioned our dealer bought 3 gold pieces while she was there drooling over the Morgan Dollars I had told her about. Some of them were proof like so she had to check them out! I might mention she called AFTER he closed? They were gold $10 Indians (2) and a $10 Liberty. Didn't give me the dates but said the Indians were uncirculated and the Liberty was AU. Probably a good thing I was NOT with her this trip!!! And, again I see the luck of my life! Always a day late and a dollar short!!! Grin

I can bet on one thing and that would be the mere fact my dealer has sold some Morgan Dollars today! I will know once my wife gets home. Anybody venture to guess how many she bought for me? I will know in an hour or two! Cry

Terry
Knight #1

Nevol
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (19)
Knight Argent

Queensland State Flag

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 05:35:02 AM »

....... while she was there drooling over the Morgan Dollars I had told her about. .... Anybody venture to guess how many she bought for me? Cry

I'll guess she bought you 4!  Grin

KOTCT #46
Nancy

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: