KOTCT Members Forum
May 16, 2024, 02:37:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian Poppy II  (Read 3367 times)
Topher
Trade Count: (0)

Email
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 01:57:50 AM »

ScottishMoney
Nevol
AdamL
Ellekitty
Humpybong.

Your Poppies have arrived.  Smiley

They are distributing these through a drug store chain, but I've only hit up one store so far.  Got you guys covered, though.  Let me know if there is anything else I can send you from the Great White North and I'll get these out sometime in the next week or so.  I've got concerts on both of the next two weekends, so I will most likely be running a little behind in shipping.  Nevertheless, they are reserved for you.  With a mintage of only 11 million, that's very low for a Canadian quarter.
ElleKitty
Mewmismatist
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

There's an awful lot of coins out there still.

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 02:07:39 AM »

Topher, I think you have my want list already, right?

I've got four of five quarters, and three of four dollars to send in payment for them. Cheesy  Just waiting on Van Buren and Hawaii to make it out of the mint.

KurtS

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 02:11:59 AM »

"They are distributing these through a drug store chain"

...somehow very appropriate for Poppy coins.  Cheesy

Handy distribution channel...too bad our coins aren't done this way.
Topher

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 03:19:23 AM »

Topher, I think you have my want list already, right?

I've got four of five quarters, and three of four dollars to send in payment for them. Cheesy  Just waiting on Van Buren and Hawaii to make it out of the mint.

I'm pretty sure I have your list around here somewhere, but I'm not very organized at the moment.  I know there's a 2008 penny, all of the Olympic quarters so far, and a fake Toonie.  Was there anything else?
Pocketcoins
Trade Count: (5)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 03:20:28 AM »

Hi Topher, how is every thing up North?  Grin
ElleKitty
Mewmismatist
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (24)
Knight Argent

There's an awful lot of coins out there still.

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 03:21:12 AM »

I think you hit it all, Chris. Cheesy  Thanks!

Topher

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 03:21:38 AM »

"They are distributing these through a drug store chain"

...somehow very appropriate for Poppy coins.  Cheesy

Handy distribution channel...too bad our coins aren't done this way.

I actually prefer just going to the bank to get the new releases.  Most of them are done through the RBC, and I can get an entire box of them if I really want to.  When they distribute through Tim Horton's or Shoppers Drug Mart, then you usually can't get more than a few at a time, and they're already opened and handled.  Very mildly, but I like to be the one to crack open the roll.
Topher

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 03:24:05 AM »

Hi Topher, how is every thing up North?  Grin

It snowed last week and earlier this week, and today it's up to 17C!!!

Other than that, I'm just busy with work and gigs.  Haven't had much time for roll searching in a long time.  I hope to take my Christmas break to do some organizing of my coins.  I'm way behind on that!
KurtS

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 02:26:35 PM »

When they distribute through Tim Horton's

My kind of drug store...I'll look for coins next time I'm up there.
Tobyle
Trade Count: (9)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »

Topher, any chance of adding myself to the list ..... or am I too late? Somehow missed this topic when you first put it up. Also was after some of the Olympic quarters. I have the first few, but not sure what they are up to as of now.
Topher

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 08:17:27 PM »

Topher, any chance of adding myself to the list ..... or am I too late? Somehow missed this topic when you first put it up. Also was after some of the Olympic quarters. I have the first few, but not sure what they are up to as of now.

No problem.  Let me know which Olympic quarters you have, and I'll fill in the blanks.  We're supposed to get two more releases before the end of the year, but I don't know the release dates as they were both pushed back with the release of the poppy.
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »

I really like odd shaped coins but have found they are oddly priced as well! Most of them are oddly HIGH! I too would be interested in the Poppy II but would like to know a little more. Simple things really....a photo or description and of course the cost!!! Grin

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
Topher

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »

OldDan, be careful.  Giving out that secret information could be dangerous.  Make sure one of these quarters isn't floating around your place, as we may just be keeping tabs on you already!  LOL

For anyone interested, I picked up an entire roll of them yesterday, and will crack it open to do my part to make sure everyone gets to enjoy these.  The entire roll cost me $10.40.  That's right, $0.26 each.  I am not looking to profit on these at all, and am only interested in trading for something else that I need.  That's all, so if anyone else wants them, I've got plenty.

I've got another concert tomorrow, so start sending your addresses and other Canadian coins you'd like, and I'll get care packages put together next week, along with wish lists.
Topher

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 08:10:28 PM »

Actually, OldDan has put up the picture of the original poppy coin.  It's awfully close, but slightly different.
Pocketcoins
Trade Count: (5)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 12:51:22 AM »

Ha Topher if the Canadian Government has any interest in moveing south I would like to be the first to welcome them. Here where I live would be perfect place for there first out post. The U.S. Gov has allready abandon this part of the country.  Grin
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: