KOTCT Members Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:04:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Rules Search Calendar Members Login Register KITCO US MINT KOTCT Hist. Perth Mint 2centworld  
Welcome to a stroll down memory lane... Looks a lot different, HUH?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SHAWNEE NATION COIN  (Read 1084 times)
templar
KNIGHT #125--YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--ALWAYS
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (30)
Knight Argent

NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 15, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »

BACK IN 2002 THE SHAWNEE INDIAN NATION ISSUED A ONE OUNCE SILVER DOLLAR....THIS QUICKLY STARTED A COURT BATTLE AS TO WHO COULD MINT MONEY......WELL MANY OF OUR NATIVE INDIAN TRIBES HAVE GAINED MANY RIGHTS BY DIGGING UP OLD TREATIES WITH THE U,S, AND THE COURTS ARE BACKING THEM UP...THE 2010 SHAWNEE NATION 1 OZ. SILVER COINS ARE AVAILABLE NOW FOR$29  0R $39 FOR SILVER PROOFS----YOU CAN GET THESE COINS THROUGH "PANDA AMERICA"(www.panda america.com)---OR CALL TOLL FREE AT 1-800-472-6327.....THE THEME THIS YEAR IS THE "TRAIL OF TEARS" HONORING THE FORCED MOVEMENT OF THOUSANDS OF NATIVE AMERICANS FROM THE EASTERN UNITED STATES TO PLACES LIKE TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA........I REALIZE THIS MAKES LITTLE SENSE TO NON AMERICANS.....BUT I URGE YOU TO READ ABOUT IT AS IT IS SURELY A LOW POINT IN OUR HISTORYTHESE COINS ARE BEAUTIFULLY STRUCK AND WORTH OWNING--------THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND.............THE TEMPLAR

* ten bears.jpg (4.16 KB, 113x160 - viewed 110 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!
Erik
Trade Count: (0)
Knight Argent

coin.erik@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »

Yes, there are really very nice coins  Smiley Smiley Smiley I like Liberia 2010 Presidential Series too - they are fantastics. http://www.pandaamerica.com/sresult.asp?keyword=Liberia%202010%20Presidential
But why is everything such expensive HuhHuh??  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Cheesy  I am only young and beginner collector but I am very happy in our castle Cheesy
templar
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 06:09:48 PM »

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.......DEMAND DRIVES THE PRICES UP AS WELL AS THE COST OF METALS USES IN THE COINS

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
Twoshadows
"Master Collector"
Trade Count: (10)
Knight Argent

Buffalo Pilot

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 07:32:09 PM »

So does GREED! I can't help but notice a small bunch of international coin collectors can have silver medallions made (usually about 32 members) and their purchase price is far below many mints and numismatic institutions around the world. Huh? Wonder why? And, I might mention, the mintage levels are far far lower in ALL cases. Wink

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)
scottishmoney
Only Gold Truly Glitters
Trade Count: (1)
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »

The Trail of Tears was exactly why my American ancestors ended up in Texas - having gotten most of the way from where they came - their friend President Sam Houston invited them into the Republic of Texas where they settled in the Red River valley and had a plantation there until the early 20th century.  The next president of Texas, Mirabeau Lamar tried unsuccessfully to send the Americans packing into the then created Indian Territory, but by then bigger issues for Texas were on the horizon, Mexicans invading and then the absorption into the USA.

OldDan
Master Collector
Trade Count: (4)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 09:09:18 PM »

Templar.......sorry to bust your bubble, but 'Ten Bears' isn't a Shawnee, but rather a great chief of the Northern Cheyenne tribe of Montana, Rosebud County. He looks nothing like a Shawnee.

Here are some pictures of the Shawnee people:

* Chief Ten Bears.png (29.86 KB, 105x150 - viewed 102 times.)
Pocketcoins
Trade Count: (5)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »

The Shawnee liked to use Kentucky for there hunting ground, but I think the Cherokee were the only ones who really called the hills around here home. There is still some living here.
templar
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 02:57:00 AM »

THE PICTURE I USED WAS OF THE GREAT PLAINS CHIEF AND NOT OF A SHAWNEE OR ANY TRIBE THAT MADE THE WALK ON THE TRAIL OF TEARS.......MY LOVE OF HISTORY IS BETTER THAN THAT........THE COLUMBUS OHIO PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY TEAM ARE CALLED THE "BLUE JACKETS"......BLUE JACKET WAS A WHITE MAN CAPTURED AS A CHILD AND ADOPTED INTO THE SHAWNEE TRIBE WHERE HE ROSE TO BE A GREAT WAR CHIEF--HIS REAL NAME WAS MARMADUKE VAN SWEARINGEN............SOME SHAWNEE CHIEFS WERE CORNSTALK.....TECUMSEH...AND HIS BROTHER TENSKWATAWA...(THE PROPHET)---------THEY LIVED IN THE OHIO/KENTUCKY AREA ALONG WITH THE MIAMI TRIBES......THE BOOK "THE FRONTIERSMEN" BY ALLAN W. ECKERT GIVES A GREAT VIEW OF LIFE ON THE MIDWESTERN FRONTIER BEFORE THE TRAIL OF TEARS

YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND-------------THE TEMPLAR

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
OldDan
Master Collector
Trade Count: (4)
Knight Argent

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 07:39:22 AM »

.......MY LOVE OF HISTORY IS BETTER THAN THAT........
       YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND-------------THE TEMPLAR

Brother Templar; My intention was nothing more than an attempt to correct your presentation of the topic (period)

Example; If I were to post a topic on a medal that Kia Automotive was about to strike, and these were to be available to anyone who purchased one of their cars. I might go on to talk about the great price and how little gasoline they use. All of which would be true....
So far so good, but then I post the following photo. Mind you they are both foreign and they are both autos.

* lamborghinicountach.jpg (3.84 KB, 150x93 - viewed 82 times.)
templar
Global Moderator
Knight Argent

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 08:00:16 AM »

PLEASE DON'T MISUNDERSTAND----I MEANT NO OFFENSE NOR DID I TAKE ANY OFFENSE----WHEN I MADE THE FIRST STATEMENT I DID NOT HAVE A PICTURE OF AN INDIAN TO REPRESENT THE INDIANS FROM THE SOUTHEAST SO I JUST PUT UP ONE I HAD AND IT WAS A PLAINS INDIAN---MANY TIME I ATTACH A PICTURE TO MY COMMENTS GOING MORE FOR THE ARTWORK THAN THE CORRECTNESS----MY FAULT---I SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHO IS READING THE POSTS AND MAYBE THEY WOULD NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE...........I THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE COMMENTS AND I REMAIN YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND-------THE TEMPLAR

* peace02.jpg (19.78 KB, 258x474 - viewed 109 times.)

DRUID
HUMORIST
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN
BARD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: